College Assistance Migrant Program
The University of Houston College Assistance Migrant Program (UH CAMP) provides incoming freshman students with migrant or seasonal farm worker backgrounds with academic, social and financial support to help them to complete their first year of college.
Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, UH CAMP launched in August 2020 and invites eligible students to apply. Applying early is strongly encouraged as space is limited to 20 students per year.
The mission of UH CAMP is to advance education and empower students from migrant and seasonal farm working communities to bring about positive change in their lives and in communities across the United States.
- Financial aid opportunities for room and board
- Workshops on financial aid (FAFSA) and UH scholarships
- Academic, career and personal coaching
- Peer mentoring
- Skills development workshops
- Cultural and social events
Check out the program flyer to learn more: