Skip to main content


To be eligible to participate in the University of Houston College Assistance Migrant Program (UH CAMP) a student must:

  • Has themselves, or at least one immediate family member who has, spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farmworker OR
  • Is eligible to participate, or has participated, in the Migrant Education Program (MEP) or the National Farmworkers Job Program (NFJP) AND
  • Is enrolled or admitted for enrollment as a first-year* full-time student at the University of Houston main campus (minimum of 12 credits/semester) AND
  • Is not beyond the first academic year of a program of study at the University of Houston, as determined under the standards of the University of Houston AND
  • Is determined by UH CAMP to need the academic and supporting services and financial assistance provided by the project in order to complete an academic program of study at the University of Houston

*Students who have received Dual Credit (DC), International Baccalaureate Credit (IB), Advanced Placement Credit (AP) OR Transfer Credits may be eligible to apply. Determination of eligibility is on a case-by-case basis.