The Office of Undergraduate Research at the University of Houston creates, facilitates, and enhances opportunities for students interested in conducting undergraduate research. The office is housed in The Honors College, but serves undergraduates from all colleges and disciplines. Please visit their website but here are a few highlights:
- UH Research Opportunities for undergraduate students
- Resources for faculty supporting undergraduate research
- Scholarship opportunities for undergraduate students
College of Education Office of Research support:
- Presentation of Undergraduate Research Excellence (PURE): PURE will offer undergraduate College of Education students the opportunity to present their research to faculty, graduate and undergraduate students. This event will be held annually during the spring semester.
- Poster and PowerPoint Templates: The College’s Center for Information Technology in Education (CITE) provides templates and printing services for research posters at no cost to students.
Latest COE initiatives:
The College of Education’s Office of Research would like to announce the following awards for COE Graduate students to apply and/or be nominated.
COE Graduate Student Research Award: $500 to present at a professional conference and a plaque.
Award Description: This award recognizes a graduate student (Master or Doctoral level) in the College of Education for excellence in research and scholarship. Interested graduate students should submit an application form, a letter of support from at least one COE faculty member familiar with the graduate student’s research and scholarship, and other required documents. Application materials include: graduate student full CV; evidence of graduate student’s current research or scholarship (e.g., journal articles, book chapters, grant proposals, conference presentations, conference abstract submission, etc); letter of support from one faculty member familiar with the graduate student’s research and scholarship. The letter of support should detail the graduate student’s quality of research and scholarship, extensiveness of research and scholarship, major outcomes from research and scholarship, and impact of the graduate student’s research and scholarship. The deadline for submission of the application materials is June 1 of each year (by 5:00 pm CST). Students submit their applications via a separate Student Research Awards website. It is planned for the website to open up for uploading application materials on February 1 of each year. Please consult your departmental representative on the COE research committee if you have questions about the award.