Overview | Approval Process | Graduation Checklist | Students & Guests | Directions | FAQ
A video of the 2021 commencement ceremony is online for viewing.
2020 Graduates’ Commencement Ceremony
As planning takes place for the in-person commencement ceremony for 2020 graduates, please find information below:
- If you plan to attend, you must RSVP by June 30, 2021.
- Ceremonies will be held on August 11, 12 and 13 at the Fertitta Center . The specific date for the College of Education ceremony has not been set yet.
- Tickets will be required — a maximum of 4 for guests.
- For up-to-date details, please visit uh.edu/commencement and regularly check your email.
General Info for the Ceremony
- A week before the College of Education Commencement Ceremony, you will receive detailed information about what to expect, where to go, etc.
Must Do Before Graduation
- Make sure you apply for graduation by March 26, 2021 (last day for late filing period).
- Log onto AccessUH, select myUH, Academic Records, My Academics (top right tab), Apply for graduation on the bottom box.
Please Read Before Graduation
Additional Pre-Graduation Activities
- Get Your Cougar Spirit Cord.
- Attend the Ring Ceremony hosted by the UH Alumni Association.
- Questions? Contact COE Graduation Coordinator Paula Canada.
Information for In-Person Graduation Ceremonies
A Letter From the Dean
Dear Future Graduate,
Congratulations on your approaching graduation! What an exciting time! You will soon join over 300,000 UH alumni. Just as your family and friends share in the joy of your achievement, your UH family is also happy for you. Our faculty and staff know you will transform lives and bring excellence to your future careers. As dean of the College of Education, I want to say how proud I am of the accomplishments of the spring 2021 graduating class. It has been an honor to serve you.
We hope that you celebrate your graduation milestone with us at the upcoming commencement and continue to show your UH spirit as an active alumni. You will receive important details about graduation via email and can find more information on this page.
Our best wishes are with you as you change the world. You are the pride.
Robert H. McPherson, Ph.D.
Professor and Dean, Elizabeth D. Rockwell Chair