The College of Education has undergone a collective strategic planning process to carry us into the future with clearer focus. Put simply, we are striving to eradicate inequities in educational and health outcomes in Houston and beyond. The plan was launched in 2016-17 and the plan was modified in 2021.
- Our responsibility is to improve the lives of others.
- Equity is realized best through collective action.
- Greater understanding is achieved through rigorous scientific inquiry.
- Diverse perspectives and talents are essential for excellence.
- Relentless pursuit of excellence requires challenging and valuing ourselves and others.
The mission of the College of Education at the University of Houston is to lead and inspire generative transformations of learning, health, leadership and well-being by developing new knowledge for an increasingly diverse world.
- We will lead collective action to build capacity in communities.
- Communities and partners will eradicate educational and health disparities.
- Other systems and professionals will leverage our work.
Revised Strategies (2021)
- We will deliver a high-quality educational experience that empowers students to lead.
- We will serve the community as the hub for collective action.
- We will maintain a shared culture of trust that advances equity, justice and belonging to support collective success.
- We will pursue funding, research and community engagement opportunities that advance our mission.