At the University of Houston College of Education, we’re looking for dedicated students to join our mission to improve educational and health outcomes for all children and families. Please read our standards for admissions and application instructions carefully.
The College of Education considers various factors when making admissions decisions, including prior college or university performance, letters of recommendation, standardized test scores (GRE waivers available for some programs) and statement of intent.
The University of Houston complies with all federal and state statutes pertaining to the admission of graduate and professional students. Oversight of all graduate and professional admissions policies and procedures is provided by the UH Graduate School.
All applicants must abide by the minimum qualifications for admissions to a master’s or doctoral program. All graduate applicants (regardless of citizenship status) must demonstrate proficiency in English to obtain admission to the University.
Grade Point Average Requirements
- The College of Education requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.6 for undergraduate coursework or over the last 60 credit hours of coursework. Please refer to the program for specific GPA requirements.
- The College requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for graduate coursework. Please refer to the program for specific GPA requirements.
- The College’s admission committees evaluate all credentials submitted by applicants to determine a student’s ability and potential to succeed in graduate study. In addition, the committee is interested in applicants’ potential to contribute to their program of study and the University community as a whole.
- Read the application instructions.
- Review information about financial assistance.
- Apply now!