The Higher Education program is committed to providing students with meaningful learning experiences both inside and outside of the classroom. We seek opportunities to connect students with mentors who are experienced professionals working in the student’s primary administrative area of interest. Our students regularly attend regional, state, and national higher education conferences.
During their time the program, students have the opportunity to attend professional development workshops on a range of topics, examples of which include:
- Navigating your first professional conference
- Presenting at a professional conference
- Understanding different career pathways in higher education
- Preparing for a higher education job interview
- ‘Fireside chats’ with current higher education leaders
The Higher Education M.Ed. student email listserv is used to regularly inform students of employment opportunities, upcoming conferences, research opportunities, assistantship and internship openings, social gatherings, and other professional development activities.