Following guidance from the University of Houston, departments within the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services are reopening when and where we safely can, and all offices will be fully open and staffed on a daily basis by August 2, 2021.
We are updating this page regularly as we reopen or change our remote operations. Please check the other tabs to see how other departments are currently serving students, or how to reach staff members.
The University continues to update its COVID-19 page with campus-wide notices, as well as resources for faculty, staff and students.
Also, CoogsCARE has information about student assistance and emergency aid.
Office of the Vice Chancellor/Vice President
Open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email: uhdsaes@ uh.edu
- Phone: 713-743-5390
The Center for Student Involvement creates an inclusive and accessible environment that provides meaningful and diverse learning and involvement opportunities to impact student success. Students will gain a sense of self and strong leadership skills while becoming responsible and engaged citizens in their community.
We are open Monday – Friday from 8 am – 6 pm in Student Center North 103. If you are unable to come to campus, please contact us at the below contact information for assistance.
Campus Traditions and Programs
Michael Crook: macrook@ uh.edu
Leadership and Civic Engagement
Katy Kaesebier: kkaesebier@ uh.edu
Registered Student Organizations
Tina Powellson: email@example.com
We are also posting updates and engagements on social media @uhcsi and on our website.
CSM is concerned with the development of students, focusing on critical thinking, leadership, ethics, collaboration, intercultural competence, goal-setting, and ultimately degree attainment. While our students are engaged in producing and promoting media channels and content, our goal is to ensure they are learning to become better thinkers and leaders in the process.
Monday – Friday
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Appointments with advisors and media services before office opening or after closing hours can be scheduled with advance notice at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life (CFSL) enhances the fraternity/sorority member experience in order to elevate our Greek community. CFSL works with 40+ chapters, 5 councils and provides educational programs for the community.
CFSL is open Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm in Student Center North 101. You can us at 832.842.4955 or email@example.com.
Please be sure to follow us on social media @uhstudentcenter as we will be sharing important information as it becomes available.
The A.D. Bruce Religion Center is the focal point for many on-campus religious and spiritual activities. It is a bustling center of many ongoing educational programs and activities focusing on religious issues with an emphasis on Interfaith Dialogue. The A.D. Bruce Religion Center offers a place for both quiet meditation and spiritual growth.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday: 7 am – 7 pm
- Saturday – Sunday: 7 am – 5 pm
We can be reached by phone or by email at (713) 743-5050 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Throughout the building, there will be signage to acknowledge physical distancing practices. Please follow the associated guidelines when visiting the building and the University of Houston campus. Additional information about policies and protocols can be found on the UH COVID-19 (Coronavirus) page.
The Center for Students with DisABILITIES (CSD) hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8-5.
You might find the answer(s) to your question(s) on our COVID-19 FAQ page. This information will be updated regularly.
If you need Extended testing time: Please inform your instructors and they will extend your time. If you have any questions about this or would like any other assistance with your accommodations please contact your CSD counselor.
If you need to speak with a CSD Counselor:
- Cheryl Spadaccia, Director: 713-743-5395
- Crystle McDonald, Assistant Director: 713-743-5460
- Ciara Evans, Counselor 713-743-0927
If you need to speak to someone about Interpreting/Captioning services:
- Interpreting/Captioning Services Team
- For General Questions: contact (713) 743-5400 or UHCSD@central. uh.edu
On-campus services will be offered by APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Health 2 Building for:
- individuals in acute crisis
- individuals without access to technology or privacy needed for teletherapy services
All other services will continue to operate via Teletherapy (phone and video). We can be reached at 713-743-5454, 24/7. If your call is after business hours (8 am-5 pm), please follow the prompts to speak to the after-hours counselor or to leave a voice message. Please check the Counseling and Psychological Services website for the most current program information.
Campus Recreation is committed to supporting UH students wherever they are with a variety of virtual recreation opportunities. Follow Campus Recreation on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to participate in remote workouts, challenges, live group fitness classes, and eSports.
The Campus Recreation and Wellness Center is open with modified operations and we are eager to welcome you to the facility for in-person workouts. All in-person workouts require a reservation. Please visit the Campus Recreation homepage for the latest information regarding facility hours, activities, and operational modifications.
Hours of Operations:
- Monday - Thursday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
For the safety of our patients and staff, in-person Primary Care appointments for acute illnesses or injuries will be scheduled only after an initial telemedicine consultation/triage in which the provider determines an in-person visit is medically necessary in order to provide treatment or care.
In-person appointments are available for immunizations, lab testing, Routine Physicals, and Routine Annual Women's Health Exam. You may schedule your immunization and telemedicine appointments through the Health Coog Patient Portal.
Anyone entering the Student Health Center for an in-person appointment or other clinic business will be required to complete a COVID screening questionnaire and will be given a surgical mask to wear while in the clinic.
The Psychiatry clinic continues to offer TelePsychiatry Services.
The Campus Pharmacy continues to offer limited contact services and shipping is available.
General Business Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Clinic: 713-743-5151
- TelePsychiatry: 713-743-5149
- Campus Pharmacy: 713-743-5125
- After business hours, please contact the Memorial Hermann Nurse Health Line at 713-338-7979.
We encourage you to visit our homepage for the latest updates about services, requirements, and hours.
The University of Houston Wellness department is committed to improving students' health and well-being and understands that this is a very challenging time for our campus community. UH Wellness in-person services are suspended through August 31, 2021. Consultations and specific programs can be requested online through our consultation request portal.
Follow UH Wellness on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay updated on upcoming virtual programming, awareness campaigns, and general updates. For well-being news and healthy tips by email, sign up for our monthly newsletter!
Cougar Cupboard has modified operations to offer grab-and-go pre-bagged groceries until further notice. Please refer to the Cougar Cupboard website for more information on how to enroll, reserve a bag and request DoorDash delivery if transportation is an issue. If you are in need of food during our closed hours, the Houston Food Bank Partner Locator will help you find locations near you.
Cougar Cupboard Hours:
- Monday: 1pm-5pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 1pm-5pm (1pm-5pm Door Dash)
- Thursday: 10am-2pm
- Friday: 1pm-5pm (1pm-5pm Door Dash)
Live on Campus
Interested in living on campus? Apply today for fall or spring housing by completing your application through the myHousing portal in AccessUH. Visit the SHRL Department COVID-19 FAQs for detailed information about living on campus.
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) is open Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
While our physical space will be open, most of CDI’s Spring programs will be held virtually.
We will still be available to assist you through phone and/or email. For questions please contact our center at email@example.com or 713-743-3653.
For all other CDI updates please follow us on social media. Twitter: @UH_CDI Facebook and Instagram: @UHCDI
The University of Houston Children's Learning Centers (CLC) has reopened. The Centers’ revised operational hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Children’s drop-off and pick-up hours are between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 832-842-0500.
Monday through Friday a CIR staff member will be in the office from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Staff will alternate days each week with one staff member working on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday one week then Tuesday and Thursday the following week.
Program Director, John Shiflet
Program Manager, Leah Singer
Recommended CDC, State, and Local Guidelines were used in the creation of the University of Houston COVID-19 Safely Returning to the Workplace Guide.
The University recommends limiting events and meetings that require close contact. The University encourages the use of virtual meetings instead of physical meetings. When physical meetings are necessary, individuals must practice social distancing and use face covers.
Personal hygiene is an individual responsibility. Please complete a wellness check prior to coming to campus each day. Do not access the CIR lounge space if you are feeling ill for your safety and the safety of others.
Lounge Safety RulesLounge:
- All Community Check-Ins will be done via Zoom until further notice. When Community Check-Ins are held in person, the following precautions will take place:
- Each group will be limited to no more than eight students in order to safely fit staff and students in the lounge space six feet apart.
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks.
- All students and staff will be required to utilize hand sanitizer prior to entering the lounge and on the way out.
- All students and staff will be required to wipe down the chair they used during the group.
- Personal hygiene is an individual responsibility when using the lounge.
- No more than ten students in the lounge at any time.
- We ask that you limit your time in the CIR lounge space to two hours at a time in order to limit exposure and give other students the opportunity to utilize the space in case it is at capacity
- All students in the lounge are required to wear a mask at all times.
- All students will be required to keep a distance of six feet when possible.
- If a student uses a computer they are required to wipe down the keyboard and desk space with Lysol wipes both, prior to and after use.
- If a student uses the printer for more than just retrieving printed documents, they are required to wipe down the printer with Lysol wipes before and after use.
- If a student uses the microwave, they are required to wipe down the number pad and handle with Lysol wipes before and after use.
- If a student uses the coffee pot, they are required to wipe down the handle with Lysol wipes before and after use.
- If a student makes coffee in the coffee pot, they are required to wipe down the coffee ground holder handle and the coffee pot handle with Lysol wipes before and after use.
- If a student uses the refrigerator, they are required to wipe down the door handle with Lysol wipes before and after use.
- If students play ping pong they are required to wipe down ping pong paddles and balls prior to and after use.
- If a student uses the Expo dry erase markers to use the whiteboard, they are required to disinfect the entire marker with a Lysol wipe prior to and after use.
- All Recovery Meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice.
- When Recovery Meetings are held in person, the following precautions will take place:
- No more than ten students in the meeting at one time.
- All students must sit six feet apart.
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks.
- All students and staff will be required to utilize hand sanitizer prior to entering the lounge and on the way out.
- All students and staff will be required to wipe down the chair they used during the meeting.
- Individual Sessions
- All students wanting to meet face to face for an individual session must make an appointment 48 hours prior to the visit.
- Students will complete an appointment via Calendly that will determine if the student is safe to be seen.
- All staff and students are required to wear masks during the session.
- All staff and students are required to sit six feet apart.
- All students are required to wipe the seat down prior to and after use of the chair.
- SOS Leadership Program
- All biweekly mentor and mentee meetings will be held virtually
- All workshops will be held virtually
- Career Ready Coogs and UCS Walk-In Hours
- All UCS Walk-In meetings will be held virtually
- All Career Ready Coogs meetings will be scheduled held virtually will be scheduled via Calendly
Dean of Students staff are working remotely, but same-day assistance available.
Specific staff member's email addresses are on our staff contact page.
Currently enrolled students are eligible for some financial relief due to an unforeseen situation related to their academic success. Emergency loans are available.
To better protect students, faculty, and staff from COVID-19, ISSSO staff will continue to work remotely to assist you, by telephone and email during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. We do not accept walk-ins without being pre-arranged. Please email your documents and inquiries to email@example.com.
You can schedule an appointment with an advisor online.
Please submit documents under 5Mb if possible. It is best to use a phone app such as Cam Scanner to submit documents in PDF format and indicate your UH ID in the subject line. Use email:
- For any questions
- To submit all applications
- CPT/RCL/STEM OPT extension and other applications
- OPT applications after attending the virtual OPT workshop
- Please indicate your UH ID in the email subject line
- ISSSO staff will follow up with your inquiries with instructions You can continue to schedule an appointment with an advisor, but all appointments will be remote. The advisor will contact you in advance with instructions.
If you wish to obtain the original documents, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org a USPS pre-addressed and pre-paid mailing label or mail us a pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelop to our office including the UH ID and which document you are inquiry about.
If you have an urgent matter needing to see an ISSSO staff, please call or email us to make the arrangement.
Get connected to the LGBTQ+ students on campus by joining our Discord server. You can also participate in our Rainbow Chat and social activities. Request access here.
Our physical space is open, but for the summer our programs will be online. Please check our calendar to see the scheduled activities. We are also available to assist you Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM through email: email@example.com, phone: 713-743-5463, or in-person. During Fall 2021, the majority of our programs will be in-person with a few virtual.
Finally, please be sure to check out our social media. We have Facebook Instagram and Twitter all @uhlgbtq
For the safety of our students and staff, all career services are offered virtually.
- To meet virtually with a career counselor
- See a line-up of our virtual workshops
- View recorded workshops
- See upcoming employer meet and greets
- Want to network with an employer? See a list of Spring recruiting events
- ONE place to access all of the above services is Cougar Pathway. Login to Cougar Pathway
UEP staff will continue to work to assist you, by telephone and email during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
We understand the need for our students to have as much of a typical semester as possible and we are committed to providing that experience. For a list of events please view our calendar.
Some examples of matters we can assist with via email include:
Appointment, Request for events and partnerships, DREAM.US Scholar Questions, and Cantu Scholar Questions
The safety of our students and staff remains our priority during these times as we seek to return to a regular schedule. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-743-6032.
Although the Women and Gender Resource Center office space will be open on campus, for the continued safety of all participants we will be offering all of our programs virtually until further notice. Social distancing and face masks will be required in our office at Student Center North, room 201.
Our entire WGRC team is here to support you, and we are committed to making our programs and services accessible to students, faculty, and staff regardless of physical location.
To contact us, reach out by phone (832.842.6191) or by email.
The Veteran Services office is open and staffed Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
In addition, the virtual office is open on Microsoft Teams and is staffed Monday - Friday, 9 am - 4 pm.
Team: UH Veteran Service Virtual Office
Code to join: 13qkggj
Students may schedule appointments with VS Staff using the EAB Navigate App.
To continue mitigating the risk of COVID-19 and to practice social distancing, Welcome Center Admissions staff will be providing limited services in-person for Spring 2021.
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is committed to assisting UH students through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Students are encouraged to email email@example.com or call 713-743-1010 (option 5) with questions, or schedule virtual appointments through Navigate.
- Contact Center and Virtual Appointment Hours:
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Virtual drop-in advising:
- Monday and Friday, 2 – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 9 – 11 a.m. and 2 – 4:30 p.m.
- Learn more about virtual drop-in advising
- Students impacted by the disruption of campus operations due to Coronavirus may apply for funding from the Cougar Emergency Fund.
- Students experiencing longer-term impact from COVID-19 can request a Financial Reconsideration Appeal by contacting SFA by email or phone.
- Have your UH ID ready to provide your ID number when contacting SFA.
- Be sure you have completed all items on your To-Do List in your myUH portal.
- For information on how to upload requested documents to your To-Do List items, please visit Document Upload Instructions.
To continue mitigating the risk of COVID-19 and to practice social distancing, Welcome Center OUR staff will be providing limited in-person services for the Spring 2021 term. Our Call Center is still open to assist students Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. You can reach a representative at (713)-743-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we are now accepting virtual appointments, which may be scheduled via the Navigate app. Learn more about contacting OUR staff and scheduling virtual appointments.
We continue to offer limited services here in the Welcome Center, however beginning July 12th students will have the opportunity to make scheduled in-person appts through EAB.
We offer programs and services that address the mind, body, and spirit. Our students have many fitness and athletic options to explore and have access to excellent healthcare services.
We help students get involved on campus to better develop leadership skills, character, and discipline. We create global citizens who are ready to contribute to the world.
We provide opportunities for students to achieve their goals by offering services that complement their academic experiences. We support students' general needs that, when met, provide a foundation for academic and personal success.
Living in a residence hall provides access to many services and resources, as well as the support to focus on academics and the experience of being a part of a diverse community.
We support prospective and admitted students through a variety of resources and touchpoints throughout their college life-cycle that lead to retention and timely graduation.
Thank you to these donors from DSAES for supporting UH!
- Dr. Daniel M. Maxwell,
- Ms. Suzanne L. Harrington,
- Dr. Raven L. Jones,
- Ms. Janelle Renee Brown,
- Mr. Kenneth Mauk,
- Mr. Keith T. Kowalka,
- Mr. Lawrence Daniel,
- Mr. Ghazanfar Ali,
- Ms. Georgeann W. Smith,
- Miss Alicia V. Whitmire,
- Ms. Briget A. Jans,
- Mr. Kamran Riaz,
- Ms. Hope Suzanne Pacheco,
- Ms. Janet Clemenson,
- Mr. John A. Shiflet,
- Ms. Gayle D. King,
- Mrs. Maria Rendon,
- Mrs. Katina D. McGhee,
- Mr. Anthony D. Stott,
- Ms. Kimberley R. Monroe,
- Mr. Eura C. Miles
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services honored more than 20 staff members and departments for their exemplary work during the 2021 fiscal year this week. The 10th annual DSAES awards, which was held on Monday, July 19, “honors those who exemplify the division’s commitment to supporting student success.”
University of Houston Assistant Dean of Students Andrea Mitchen has co-authored a new book, “College Ready 2021: Expert Advice for Parents to Simplify the College Transition.”
Student Housing & Residential Life is proud to announce that Holly Alexander, Ph.D., has been named Director of Residential Life, effective August 2021.
Members of the University of Houston Residence Hall Association (RHA), National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH), and Hall Council attended the annual National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH) Conference on June 26-27, 2021.
UH at Sugar Land
UH at Sugar Land is a location of the University of Houston and home to many UH programs. The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services (DSAES) provides support services and events throughout the academic year. All students are invited to use these resources. Learn more about the DSAES departments at UH at Sugar Land.
UH at Katy
The University of Houston at Katy brings Tier One higher education to a growing region rich in ambition, drive and vision. The 80,000-sq.-ft-facility features state-of-the-art labs and studios for students pursuing studies with the UH College of Nursing and the UH Cullen College of Engineering.