Vehicles displaying a valid University of Houston parking permit may park in any non-restricted space in any ungated lots Monday-Thursday from 3 p.m. to 7 a.m., and all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday and university holidays.
- These parking hours do not apply to the Evening-Weekend parking permit, which cannot be used to park on campus prior to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Gated lots and garages are restricted at all times. A malfunctioning gate does not justify unauthorized entry into gated lots and garages.
- Do not park in restricted areas such as fire and loading zones, disabled or reserved spaces, which are enforced 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Permits must be properly displayed.
- If you park in a metered space, you must pay the visitor rate, even if you have a valid UH parking permit.
- There are nine ungated lots on campus that do not allow overnight parking between the hours of 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. This map details the location of those lots. If you park in these lots during those hours, your vehicle will be towed.
There are certain times of the year when these non-restrictive parking rules are in effect seven days a week. These include:
- Spring break
- Winter break
- Summer (last day of spring classes through day prior to first day of fall classes)
Reminder: Evening-Weekend permits can only be used on campus after 3 p.m. Monday-Friday, and all day weekends, even when the campus is under relaxed parking rules.