Skip to main content

Business and Other Parking Options


Alumni Parking

Alumni may purchase a garage parking permit.  Permits can be purchased at the PTS Customer Service location in University Lofts. 

Retiree Parking

Retirees of the university are eligible for a free retiree parking permit which allows parking in Zone E parking lots Monday-Thursday until 3 p.m., and any ungated lot on campus Monday-Thursday after 3 p.m., or any time Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Other permits, such as Gated, Ungated and Garage permits, are available at regular cost, dependent on availability. The permit is intended for visitation use only and cannot be used for part-time work or attending classes. Interested retirees must send a written request to and a permit will be issued upon verification of employment status.

Vendor Parking

Vendors making deliveries on campus may use the green marked 20-minute loading zones located throughout campus. Vendors ARE limited to 20 minutes and vehicles will be electronically chalked for compliance. Vendors requiring any additional time may utilize any public parking at the current market rates. Visitor Parking Map Here.

Contractor Parking

Complimentary parking for contractors is available at UH Technology Bridge in the last two rows at the back of the property (shown in yellow on this map). If other parking arrangements are needed, it must be coordinated in advance through the UH project manager and approved by Parking and Transportation Services in writing. Payment will be required.

Departmental Runner Permit

The charge for runner permits is $200, which covers a two-year period and must be paid upfront. The purpose of this permit type is to provide access to locations where a given activity requires the use of personal vehicles for university business. Departments may request runner permits by writing the assistant director of Parking and Transportation Services. The assistant director will consider expressed need, size of the operation, and other related factors in determining how many permits to issue to a given department.

It is the department’s responsibility to control use of the runner permits. It is recommended that the department keep a usage log for runner permits in their custody.

A current UH parking permit must be displayed in conjunction with the runner permit. Runner permits are neither intended for personal use nor to enable a person to park as close as possible to their office or workplace or to provide for convenient overflow parking.

Runner permits allow parking for up to two hours in the following locations:

  1. Spaces marked as 20-minute loading zones
  2. Non-restricted spaces in ungated surface lots

The permit DOES NOT authorize parking in:

  1. Gated lots (with the exception of 1C/1D E. Cullen loading zone spaces only)
  2. Garages
  3. Parking spaces reserved for the disabled (unless disabled permit is displayed)
  4. Fire lanes
  5. Metered spaces
  6. Designated visitor lots
  7. Roadways and parking lot access lanes
  8. Any space marked as "Reserved"
  9. Designated tow-away zones
  10. Pedestrian walkways
  11. Any other area not designated as a parking space

Runner permits remain the property of UH and will be revoked if it is observed being improperly used. Any citation issued while displaying this permit is the responsibility of the registered permit holder whose permit is displayed in the vehicle in question.

There is a $50 replacement fee for lost or stolen runner permits.

UH Component Parking Permits

The University of Houston has a reciprocity agreement with the other UH System campuses to honor their parking permits on a temporary basis for business needs. Vehicles must display a current UH System Campus permit and are permitted to park in the following areas: 

  • Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.: Zone E ungated parking lots. 
  • Monday-Thursday, 3 p.m.-7 a.m., and all day Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays: Any ungated zone lot.

The reciprocity agreement is intended for business visitations only and not for multiple consecutive uses. For special considerations, please contact Parking and Transportation in advance at to discuss. A transfer of employment or classes would necessitate the purchase of a UH parking permit.