Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
HIV Pharmacy Student Preceptor, Therapeutic Concepts, Houston
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Translational Research
Health and Biomedical Sciences Building 2
4849 Calhoun, Room 4015
Houston, TX 77204-5039
PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Oklahoma State University Medical Center, Tulsa, OK
Doctor of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in Spanish, Nova Southeastern University Farquhar College of Arts & Sciences, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Certified HIV Pharmacist (AAHIVP), American Academy of HIV Medicine
- Registered Pharmacist, Texas Board of Pharmacy
- Registered Pharmacist Preceptor, Texas Board of Pharmacy
- Registered Pharmacist, Oklahoma Board of Pharmacy
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- University of Florida Precision Medicine Certificate
Oklahoma State University Medical Center, Staff Pharmacist, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Management of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and opportunistic infections
- Classroom-based learning styles and innovative teaching methods
- Global health pharmacy education and professional development
Vyain AL, Cheng AM, Andrade JA. Clinical challenge: What would you do? Preventing drug-drug interactions with HIV ART. Drugtopics.modernmedicine.com. July 2017. Retrieved at: http://drugtopics.modernmedicine.com/drug-topics/news/clinical-challenge-what-would-you-do?page=0,1.
Vyain AL. Reality vs. expectation: Being a PGY1 pharmacy resident. IDstewardship.com. November 2016. Retrieved at https://www.idstewardship.com/reality-versus-expectation-pgy-1-pharmacy-resident/.
Vyain AL. Advice on the Personal Placement Service at ASHP Midyear 2016. IDStewardship.com. July 2016. Retrieved at https://www.idstewardship.com/advice-on-the-personnel-placement-service-at-ashp-midyear/.
Nguyen D, Vyain A, Crutchley R, Cheng A, Mizwa M. Learning across borders: developing a pharmacist-driven continuing professional development program through the Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative Pharmacy Network (BIPAI-PN). The 8th Annual Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) Global Health Conference. Washington, DC. April 2017.
Vyain A, Crutchley R, Le A, Gathe JC, Mayberry C. Assessing treatment outcomes when switching HIV-1 infected patients from various antiretroviral therapy (ART) regimens to darunavir/cobicistat monotherapy. American Society of Health System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas, Nevada. December 2016.
Dinh D, Vyain A, Rafalko J, DeRose J, Caballero J. Exploring the dual doctor of pharmacy/physician assistant degree: comparison of curricula. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas, Nevada. December 2016.
Hinkel A, Ju SK, Crutchley R, Vyain A, Gathe JC. Evaluating prevalence and types of clinical pharmacy interventions in an HIV ambulatory care setting. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. Las Vegas, Nevada. December 2016.
Vyain A, Connel C, Bury J. Assessment of prescribing habits for the treatment of hepatitis B virus (HBV) in patients co-infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and evaluation of renal decline. American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Midyear Clinical Meeting. New Orleans, Louisiana. December 2015.
- PHAR 4150 Pharmacy Skills I
- PHAR 5256 Pharmacy Skills Program V
- PHAR 5480 Physical Assessment/Anatomy
- PHAR 5581 Advanced Therapeutics I (HIV and Opportunistic Infections module)
- Clinical Pharmacogenetics Implementation Consortium, 2017 – present
- Society of Infectious Diseases Pharmacists (SIDP), 2017 – present
- American Academy of HIV Medicine (AAHIVM), 2014 – present
- International Antiviral Society-USA (IAS-USA), 2014 – present
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), 2014 – present
- American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), 2011 – present
- Phi Delta Chi Professional Pharmacy Fraternity, Beta Lambda Chapter, 2011 – present