Clinical Assistant Professor
Director, Institutional Based Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences
University of Houston College of Pharmacy
4849 Calhoun, Room 3022
Houston, TX 77204-5039
Pharm.D., University of Houston, Houston, Texas
Pharmacy Practice Residency (PGY-1), Dallas VA Medical Center & Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Dallas, TX
Infectious Diseases Residency (PGY-2), The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Experiential Education
- Student Professional Development
- Precepting and Learning Styles
- Class Instructor, PHAR 5256 – Sterile Products / Aseptic Technique Module
- PHAR 5581 Advanced Therapeutics I – Pain Management
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Houston, 2014 - Present
- Director, Institutional Based Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences 7/2014 - Present University of Houston, College of Pharmacy, 2014 - Present
- Clinical Specialist I – Cardiology, Houston Methodist Hospital – Houston, Texas, 2011 – 2014
- Adjunct Faculty, Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy Health Sciences, Department of Pharmacy Practice, 2012
- Clinical Specialist I – Cardiology, Houston Methodist Hospital – Houston, Texas, 2007–2011
- Assistant Clinical Instructor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Pharmacy, 2002-2003
- Co-Coordinator, Phar 5217 Pediatrics Summer Elective, 2016
- Parenterals, Phar 4330 Pharmaceutics (4 hr), 2016
- Medication Reconciliation, Phar 5254 IPPE (2 hr), 2016
- Facilitator, Advanced Therapeutics Skills Lab Spring Semester, 2015
- Pharmacists Patient Care Process & Drug-related Problems, Phar 5254 IPPE (4 hr), 2016
- Course Coordinator: Institutional APPE Rotations (17 courses), 2014 - Present
- Pain Management Module, Advanced Therapeutics I (2 hr), 2014 – Present
- Phar 5256 Sterile Products, Co-Instructor, 2014 – Present
- Dunn 9 CVIMU Nursing Training, CV Pharmacology Quarterly Lecture, 2014
- Mentor PGY-1 Resident, ACPE Approved CE lecture C. difficile Infections, 2013-2014
- PHAR 543 Integrated Pharmacotherapy: Myocardial Infarction – STEMI Lecture, 2012
- Precept fourth-year pharmacy students on Cardiology rotation, 2008-2013
- Precept PGY-1 pharmacy residents on Cardiology rotation, 2009-2011
- Precept PGY-1 pharmacy residents on Internal Medicine rotation, 2005-2008
- Precept fourth-year pharmacy students on Internal Medicine rotation, 2005-2008
- University of Houston Pharmacotherapeutics Skills Lab Facilitator, 2003-2004
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Case Studies Facilitator, 2002-2003
- Warfarin Education Leader – August, 2009
- Certificate of Excellence, Speaker in the Nursing Grand Rounds, 2007
- ICARE Hospital Award Nomination, 2007
- Recognition of Excellence in Clinical Intervention Documentation, 2006
- Recognition of Integrity and Versatility, 2006
Nguyen KA, Hart SH, Pidcock KN, Sampson EF. Creating Learning Opportunities for Pharmacy Students through an Observership Program. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2012;69(21):1905-9.
Murillo MU, Nguyen KA, Pidcock KN, Wilson AD. Reduction in Falls of Hospitalized Patients: a Pharmacist’s Intervention. TSHP Journal Winter 2009;10(4):6-12.
Pidcock KN, Wilson AD, Murillo MU, Nguyen KA. Reduction in Falls of Hospitalized Patients: A Pharmacist’s Intervention. Houston Methodist Hospital, "Quality 2013: Evolving Frontiers in Quality and Patient Safety." April 2010.
Nguyen KA, Tambo M. Total Parental Nutrition and Hyperglycemia. Poster presented at Critical Thinking Week on M7SW Nursing Unit, Houston, Texas, 2005.
Nguyen KA, Coyle EA, Prince R, Rolston KV. Polymyxin B and Colistin Susceptibilities in Multi-drug Resistant Gram-negative Isolates. Presented at ALCALDE XVIII Residency Conference, Houston, Texas, 2004.
Nguyen KA, Ha H, Kelly KC, Little BB, Hales DC, Kazi F, Weideman RA. Beta-blockers in the Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure: The Use of Metoprolol Immediate Release and Metoprolol Extended-Release. Presented at the ASHP Atlanta, Ga., 2002 & ALCADE XVII Residency Conference, Arlington, Texas 2003.
Nguyen KA, Bui M, Bolden T, Colunga K. 1999-2000 Student National Pharmaceutical Association University of Houston Chapter Highlights. Presented at SNPhA National Meeting, Baltimore, Md., 2000. Outstanding 53rd Poster Award.