SACH is a clinical research center in the Department of Psychology at the University of Houston dedicated to understanding the connections between sleep at night and behavior and emotions during the day. Our research focuses on helping children, adolescents, and adults manage and overcome their anxiety, fears, and sleep-related problems. SACH offers both research opportunities and low-cost clinical services for individuals and families based on the latest scientific evidence. We are pleased to offer U.S. military and their families services at no charge.
Military families are needed to participate in a research study aimed at understanding how deployments affect children and spouses/partners. Contact Jennifer Fillo at (713) 743-8674 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the News
News & Events
- Congratulations to SACH research assistant, Amy Williams, whose research poster titled, Parental Anxiety, Parenting Behaviors, an Sleep Problems in Children with and without Generalized Anxiety Disorder, won the Best Poster Award at UH's Annual Education and Psychology Research Symposium on April 25, 2014! View Photos
- Congratulations to Dr. Michelle Patriquin whose research poster won the Child and Adolescent Anxiety Special Interest Group's Best Poster Award at the 2014 meeting of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT) in Nashville, TN. Dr Patriquin's poster was based on study titled, Anticipatory heart rate during a worry task and pre-sleep arousal in children with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
- Congratulations to SACH graduate student, Katie Reynolds, who was awarded a Lonestar LEND Fellowship for 2013-2014!
- March, 2013. SACH volunteers assist the Houston Children’s Charity, “A Better Night’s Sleep”, a program that provides children from low-income families with beds and bedding. View Photos.
- Congratulations to SACH research assistant, Simon Lau, who was awarded a Provost’s Undergraduate Research Scholarship (PURS) award for the Spring 2013 semester! Simon is working with Dr. Alfano in studying the impact of deployment on military families.
- SACH students and staff participated in The Houston Walk for Mental Health Awareness on
October 20, 2012 at Stude Park. View group pictures.