The Computer Science PhD Research Showcase is an annual departmental event to showcase the research of our PhD students, who have the opportunity to demonstrate their research, receive feedback, and exchange information. The departmental objectives are the following:
- to improve the student’sresearch communication skills,
- to provide to feedback related to the students’ research progress and presentation of their ideas and results,
- to encourage scientific exchange of ideas between students and faculty working in different areas, and
- to promote internal community developmentby getting to know faculty and peers.
PhD Research Showcase
Friday, April 14, 2023
1PM - 5PM
Let Us Know You're Coming - RSVP HERE
1 PM, Welcome and Opening Remarks
Dr. Guoning Chen, department associate chair
1:10 PM, Lightning Talks
Students will give a one-minute oral overview of their research
1:30 PM, Poster Session
Mingle with participating students and delve deeper into their research
3 PM, Awards and Closing Remarks
Dr. Shishir Shah, department chair
|1||Akram, Muhammad Naeem||Generation and Optimization of Quadrilateral Meshes||Dr. Guoning Chen|
|5||Deng, Qixin||3D Face Reconstruction from Single In-the-wild Images||Dr. Zhigang Deng|
|2||El Aassal, Ayman||Deep Learning with Graphs for Malware Detection and Family Classification||Dr. Stephen Huang|
|10||Hasan, MD Tanim||Sympathetic Activation in Deadlines of Deskbound Research – A Study in the Wild||Dr. Ioannis Pavlidis|
|9||Kadir, SM Salah Uddin||Reinforcement Learning based Proactive Control for Enabling Power Grid Resilience to Wildfire||Dr. Stephen Huang|
|7||Khaldi, Khadija||Unsupervised Person Re-identification based on Skeleton Joints using Graph Convolution Networks||Dr. Shishir Shah|
|6||Rabin, Md Rafiqul Islam||Methodology for Inspecting Neural Models of Source Code||Dr. Amin Alipour|
|8||Samparthkurmar, Urmila||Statistical shape models for outcome simulation in breast surgeries||Dr. Fatima Merchant|
|3||Sharma, Rishabh||Improving Low Quality MRI Images using Deep Learning: An Analysis of UNet Architecture and Effects of Hyperparameters and Training Data||Dr. Nikolaos Tsekos|
|4||Zhang, Yigeng||From None to Severe: Predicting Severity in Movie Scripts||Dr. Thamar Solorio|
Participants will be considered for the following awards:
- Best Poster
- Honorable Mention
- People's Choice
- People's Choice Runner-Up
Expectations and Timeline:
- Complete the registration form by Friday, February 24, 2023.
- Attend the CS Poster Design and Lightning Talk Information Session. Friday, March 10, 2023, 10AM, PGH 563.
- Submit a draft poster for critique by Friday, March 24, 2023. Upload site link will be provided to participants.
- Submit a final poster for printing by Tuesday, April 4, 2023.
- Submit a a lighting talk slide (1 slide) by Wednesday, April 12, 2023.
- Fully participate and present on Friday, April 14, 2023.
Dr. Guoning Chen, chair (gchen22 at central dot uh dot edu)
Des Jonee Baldwin
Dr. Om Gnawali
Dr. Jaspal Subhlok