Computer Science Career Fair - Fall 2022Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Student Center South (UC) - Houston Room (2nd floor, room 220)
- The career fair is open only to declared computer science majors.
- Student registration TBA
Preparing for Career Fair
- UCS recorded workshops on the UCS Youtube channel
Do you need assistance with preparing or editing your resume? Unsure of what to expect at the career fair or need advice on how to prepare? The department invites UH Career Services as well as company representatives to review resumes prior the fair.
Career Fair Details and Policies
All currently enrolled UH Computer Science students are encouraged to attend. Meet with employers any time between 10AM-2PM. Entry doors will close at ~ 1:30PM to allow companies enough time to meet with the remaining students in line.
A UH ID is required for entry.
Resumes - be sure to bring several copies of your updated professional resume.
Bag policy - no backpacks will be permitted into the career fair. If you have a bag, you will be able to store your bag in a separate room during check-in. The bag room will be monitored by a student volunteer.
Dress Code Policy - required attire is business professional. We adhere to the dress code policy outlined by UH Career Services. Students who fail to follow the dress code policy may be removed from the Career Fair until they are in compliance. Take a look at this infograph for reference.
Registration fee: $500 for the career fair. A reduced rate for non-profits and government entities is available. Inquiries regarding the reduced rate can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The registration includes:
- Light breakfast
- One table/booth: suitable for up to 4 representatives
- Holding and storage fee for each package of recruiting materials.
- Additional table/booth fee: if you would like an additional table/booth, the will will be half the original registration rate. An additional table/booth is not required for representatives beyond 4, but is recommended to help alleviate congestion.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, August 24, 2022
- Submit the Employer Registration Form
- An invoice and payment instructions will be emailed within 2-3 business days of submitting your registration.
- Submit your payment online or via check. Payment instructions will be provided after submitting the registration form.
- Confirmation receipt will be emailed 2-3 business days after payment.
- 9AM - 10AM Employer check-in, setup, light breakfast and coffee
- 10AM - 2PM Career Fair
- 11AM - 1PM employer lunch (concurrent with career fair)
- Student Center South - Houston Room (2nd floor, room 220)
Parking and Shipping Information
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the career fair, contact email@example.com.