Computer Science Career Fair - Spring 2023
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
10AM – 2PM
Student Center South (UC) - Houston Room (2nd floor, room 220)
- The career fair is open only to declared computer science majors.
Preparing for Career Fair
- NSM Career Center - Career Fair Prep and Resume Workshop - Monday, February 13, 4PM-5PM via MS Teams
- UCS recorded workshops on the UCS Youtube channel
Do you need assistance with preparing or editing your resume? Unsure of what to expect at the career fair or need advice on how to prepare? The department invites UH Career Services as well as company representatives to review resumes prior the fair.
Career Fair Details and Policies
All currently enrolled UH Computer Science students are encouraged to attend. Meet with employers any time between 10AM-2PM. Entry doors will close at ~ 1:30PM to allow companies enough time to meet with the remaining students in line.
A UH ID is required for entry.
Resumes - be sure to bring several copies of your updated professional resume.
Bag policy - no backpacks will be permitted into the career fair. If you have a bag, you will be able to store your bag in a separate room during check-in. The bag room will be monitored by a student volunteer.
Dress Code Policy - required attire is business professional. We adhere to the dress code policy outlined by UH Career Services. Students who fail to follow the dress code policy may be removed from the Career Fair until they are in compliance. Take a look at this infograph for reference.
- Employers Spreadsheet (updated Feb 9, 2023, 4PM)
Registration fee: $500 for the career fair. A reduced rate for non-profits and government entities is available. Inquiries regarding the reduced rate can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Each registration includes:
- One table/booth with 2 chairs, but up to 4 representatives
- Light breakfast for up to 4 representatives
- Lunch for up to 4 representatives
- Holding and storage fee for each package of recruiting materials.
- Additional table/booth fee: an additional table/booth is required if you plan to have more than 4 representatives. Each additional booth/table will be half the original registration rate.
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Submit the Employer Registration Form
- An invoice and payment instructions will be emailed within 2-3 business days of submitting your registration.
- Submit your payment online or via check. Payment instructions will be provided after submitting the registration form.
- Confirmation receipt will be emailed 2-3 business days after payment.
- 9AM – 10AM Employer check-in, setup, light breakfast and coffee
- 10AM – 2PM Career Fair
- 11AM – 1PM employer lunch (concurrent with career fair)
- Student Center South - Houston Room (2nd floor, room 220)
- Address: 4455 University Dr., Houston, TX 77204
- Welcome Center Garage (corner of MLK and University Drive)
- Address: 4434 University Dr., Houston, TX 77204
- We will provide parking validation during the career fair.
- Please park only at the Welcome Center Garage as we are unable to validate tickets from other parking garages.
Shipping - It is highly recommended to use a shipping company such as FedEx, UPS, etc. as shipping through the US Postal Service will be delayed. Below is the address to ship TO before the fair and the address for PICK UP after the fair.
4455 University Drive
Student Center South, Room 271
Computer Science Career Fair Res #116774
Houston, TX 77204
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the career fair, contact email@example.com.