Computer Science Virtual Career Fair - Fall 2020Wednesday, September 23, 2020
10am - 2pm
Virtual via CougarPathway
The career fair is open only to declared computer science majors. Students must register for the fair in CougarPathway to attend.
- Log into AccessUH, click the Cougar Pathway icon
- Welcome to Cougar Pathway!
- Is your Academic and Personal Profile complete AND updated?
- Yes? Go to step #4.
- No? Click on “My Account” at the bottom on the left column to complete or update your profile.
- Go to Events > Career Fairs > Fall 2020 Computer Science Career Fair
- Don't see "Fall 2020 Computer Science Career Fair"? Submit the MAJOR VERIFICATION FORM to have your major verified. You will receive an email once you have been verified activated in CougarPathway.
- Click ATTEND
- You will be prompted to complete your Chat Profile
- Upload your resume, if you have not already done so. This is the only way to pass a resume to an employer during the fair.
- You can update your degree, major, graduation date and work authorization under My Account/Academic.
- Under the “Employers” tab, you can express interest in an employer by clicking on the star icon, which bring them to the top of your list. Employers can filter candidates using this feature. We highly recommend doing this!
PrepareWhat to expect during the virtual career fair.
- Student Tutorial Video - watch this recorded video on how to navigate the virtual career fair in CougarPathway. Note that this video was recorded by University Career Services for a different career fair student.
- How to Navigate PDF (go to page 2) - review this for step-by-step instructions on navigating the viritual career Fair in CougarPathway.
Do you need assistance with preparing or editing your resume? Unsure of what to expect at the career fair or need advice on how to prepare? The department invites UH Career Services as well as company representatives to review resumes prior the fair.
Career Fair Details and Policies
Dress Code Policy - required attire is business professional. We adhere to the dress code policy outlined by UH Career Services. Students who fail to follow the dress code policy may be removed from the Career Fair until they are in compliance. Take a look at this infograph for reference.
The Fall 2020 Computer Science Career Fair will be held virtually through CougarPathway (powered by Simplicity) in partnership with University Career Services. This portal requires employers to utilize their own video platform (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, etc.).
Registration fee: $300 (revised as of 8/7/2020) for the virtual career fair. A reduced rate for non-profits and government entities is available. Inquiries regarding the reduced rate can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration deadline: Friday, September 18 (extended!)
NOTE: If you registered previously, please register again following the new process outlined below. If you had also paid, I will reach out to you individually to work on refunding your original payment.
- Register for the Fall 2020 Virtual Computer Science Career Fair via CougarPathway
- Your registration status will be marked as pending
- An invoice and payment link/instructions will be emailed within 2-3 business days of submitting your registration.
- Submit your payment online or via check.
- Within 2-3 business days of payment, your registration status will be confirmed in CougarPathway and receipt will be emailed.
- Register additional recruiters (additional payment is not required). All company representatives will need their own CougarPathway account. Additional representatives can create an account HERE.
- Prepare your video platform. Employers will need to utilize their own video platform (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, etc.) during the fair.
- Add your job posting(s) in CougarPathway. Click HERE for how to post.
- Virtual Demo Day - Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 1pm CDT. Join us to learn about the virtual platform and how to engage with students.
Employer Resources (virtual fair specific)
- 9/15 Employer Demo Day slide deck
- 9/15 Employer Demo Day recording
- Other Resources:
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the career fair, contact email@example.com.