Student Help Desk
Friday, Feb 26th
Hours: 9:30AM-2:00PM CST
Students can join this MS Teams meeting for general questions during the career fair. Alternatively, students can also email email@example.com
Employer Help Desk
The virtual employer help desk link will be accessible in CougarPathway prior to and during the fair. The direct link was emailed to the primary contact of your company. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need the help desk link.
The Department of Computer Science (CS) at the University of Houston (UH) hosts a career fair each Fall and Spring. The Computer Science Career Fair is an avenue for current CS students and companies to connect and discuss rewarding opportunities such as internships, co-ops, and full-time positions.
Computer Science Virtual Career Fair - Spring 2021Wednesday, February 17, 2021
10am - 2pm
Virtual via CougarPathway
The career fair is open only to declared computer science majors. Students must register for the fair in CougarPathway to attend.
- Log into AccessUH, click the Cougar Pathway icon
- Welcome to Cougar Pathway!
- Is your Academic and Personal Profile complete AND updated?
- Yes? Go to step #4.
- No? Click on “My Account” at the bottom on the left column to complete or update your profile.
- Go to Events > Career Fairs > Spring 2021 Computer Science Career Fair
- Don't see "Spring 2021 Computer Science Career Fair"? Submit a MAJOR VERIFICATION REQUEST to have your major verified. Allow up to 2 business day to review.
- Click ATTEND
- You will be prompted to complete your Chat Profile
- Upload your resume, if you have not already done so. This is the only way to pass a resume to an employer during the fair.
- You can update your degree, major, graduation date and work authorization under My Account/Academic.
- Under the “Employers” tab, you can express interest in an employer by clicking on the star icon, which bring them to the top of your list. Employers can filter candidates using this feature. We highly recommend doing this!
- Thursday, Feb 4, 12PM-1PM, Career Fair Prep (for First-Generation Students)
- Wednesday, Feb 10, 12PM-1PM, Resume Workshop
- This workshop will help you recognize and apply key strategies for effective resume writing that illustrate your transferable skills to get more employer callbacks for interviews. You can use your device to make live updates to your resume during the workshop.
- RSVP in CougarPathway, then join the MS Team
- Friday, Feb 12, 10AM-12PM, Resume Reviews (drop in)
- To access virtual resume drop-ins: access the UCS MS Teams drop-in channel. Students must use your UH email to gain access. Once you gain access, you will enter our virtual lobby where a career counselor will pick you up for a one-on-one 10-minute resume drop-in session.
Resume Drop-In Hours
Meet with a UCS career counselor for 10 minutes for a resume critique as you prepare for upcoming virtual career fairs. To access virtual resume drop-ins: MS Teams drop-in channel.
- Mondays/Tuesdays 2PM-3:30PM
- Wednesday/Thursdays 10AM-11:30AM
Missed a workshop? Check out UCS's recorded workshops on the UCS Youtube channel
- Student Tutorial Video - watch this recorded video on how to navigate the virtual career fair in CougarPathway. Note that this video was recorded by University Career Services for a different career fair student.
- How to Navigate PDF (go to page 2) - review this for step-by-step instructions on navigating the viritual career Fair in CougarPathway.
Do you need assistance with preparing or editing your resume? Unsure of what to expect at the career fair or need advice on how to prepare? The department invites UH Career Services as well as company representatives to review resumes prior the fair.
Career Fair Details and Policies
Dress Code Policy - required attire is business professional. We adhere to the dress code policy outlined by UH Career Services. Students who fail to follow the dress code policy may be removed from the Career Fair until they are in compliance. Take a look at this infograph for reference.
The Spring 2021 Computer Science Career Fair will be held virtually through CougarPathway (powered by Symplicity) in partnership with University Career Services. This portal requires employers to utilize their own video platform (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, etc.).
Registration fee: $300 for the virtual career fair. A reduced rate for non-profits and government entities is available. Inquiries regarding the reduced rate can be directed to email@example.com.
Registration opens: Friday, November 13, 2020
Registration deadline (preferred): Wednesday, January 20, 2021
Registration deadline (final): Friday, February 5 2021
- Register for the Spring 2021 Computer Science Virtual Career Fair via CougarPathway
- Your registration status will be marked as pending
- An invoice and payment link/instructions will be emailed within 2-3 business days of submitting your registration.
- Submit your payment online or via check.
- Within 2-3 business days of payment, your registration status will be confirmed in CougarPathway and receipt will be emailed.
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the career fair, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.