The Department of Computer Science at the University of Houston hosts a career fair each Fall and Spring semester. The Computer Science Career Fair is an avenue for current CS students and companies to connect and discuss rewarding opportunities such as internships, co-ops, and full-time positions.
Computer Science Career Fair - Spring 2022
Wednesday, February 16th, 2022
10AM - 2PM
Student Center South - Houston Room
The career fair is open only to declared computer science majors.
Additional information will be posted soon.
- Log into AccessUH , click the Cougar Pathway icon
- Welcome to Cougar Pathway!
- Is your Academic and Personal Profile complete AND updated?
- Yes? Go to step #4.
- No? Click on “My Account” at the bottom on the left column to complete or update your profile.
- Go to Events > Career Fairs > Fall 2021 Computer Science Career Fair
- Don't see "Fall 2021 Computer Science Career Fair"? Submit a MAJOR VERIFICATION REQUEST to have your major verified. Allow up to 2 business days to review and process.
- Click ATTEND
- You will be prompted to complete your Chat Profile
- Upload your resume, if you have not already done so. This is the only way to pass a resume to an employer during the fair.
- You can update your degree, major, graduation date and work authorization under My Account/Academic.
- Under the “Employers” tab, you can express interest in an employer by clicking on the star icon, which bring them to the top of your list. Employers can filter candidates using this feature. We highly recommend doing this!
UCS drop-in resume reviews. View the calendar.
Check out UCS's recorded workshops on the UCS Youtube channel
- Student Tutorial Video - watch this recorded video on how to navigate the virtual career fair in CougarPathway. Note that this video was recorded by University Career Services for a different career fair student.
- How to Navigate PDF (go to page 2) - review this for step-by-step instructions on navigating the viritual career Fair in CougarPathway.
Do you need assistance with preparing or editing your resume? Unsure of what to expect at the career fair or need advice on how to prepare? The department invites UH Career Services as well as company representatives to review resumes prior the fair.
Career Fair Details and Policies
Dress Code Policy - required attire is business professional . We adhere to the dress code policy outlined by UH Career Services. Students who fail to follow the dress code policy may be removed from the Career Fair until they are in compliance. Take a look at this infograph for reference.
The Spring 2022 Computer Science Career Fair will be held IN-PERSON.
Registration fee: $500 for the virtual career fair. A reduced rate for non-profits and government entities is available. Inquiries regarding the reduced rate can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration deadline (preferred): Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Registration deadline (final): Wednesday, February 2, 2022
- Submit the Employer Registration Form
- An invoice and payment link/instructions will be emailed within 2-3 business days of submitting your registration.
- Receipt will be emailed 2-3 business days upon payment.
- 9AM-10AM: employer check-in, setup, and light breakfast
- 10AM-2PM: career fair
- 11AM-1PM: employer lunch concurrent with career fair
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the career fair, contact email@example.com.