Fall 2020 Adjustments Due to COVID-19
The Department of Computer Science (CS) at the University of Houston (UH), in collaboration with the student organizations, CougarCS and CSGirls, hosts a career fair each Fall and Spring. The Computer Science Career Fair is an avenue for current CS students and companies to connect and discuss rewarding opportunities such as internships, co-ops, and full-time positions.
Computer Science Career Fair - Fall 2020Wednesday, September 23, 2020
10am - 2pm (entry doors will close at ~1:30pm)
(check back frequently for updates)
Preparing for the Career Fair
Do you need assistance with preparing or editing your resume? Unsure of what to expect at the career fair or need advice on how to prepare? The department invites UH Career Services as well as company representatives to review resumes prior the fair. Below are the currently scheduled events:
Other Resources via University Career Services:
All currently enrolled UH Computer Science students are encouraged to attend. Meet with any employer anytime between 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Entry doors will close at ~1:30 PM to allow companies enough time to meet with the remaining students in line.
A UH ID is required for entry.
Resumés – Be sure to bring several copies of your professional resume.
Bag Policy - No backpacks will be permitted into the career fair. You will be able to store your bag in a separate room during check-in. The bag room will be monitored by a student volunteer.
Dress Code Policy - UH CS and CougarCS require dressing business professional. We adhere to the dress code policy outlined by UH Career Services. Students who fail to follow the dress code policy may be prohibited from entering the Career Fair until they are in compliance. Take a look at this infograph for reference.
Based on past attendance, we expect to connect you with close to 400 Computer Science students.
Registration fee: $500. A reduced rate for government entities is available. The fee is waived for Friends of Computer Science (FoCS). Inquiries regarding the government rate can be directed to email@example.com. The registration for the virtual platform includes:
- One table/booth: suitable for ~4 representatives
- Additional table/booth fee: If you would like an additional table/booth, the fee will be half of the original registration rate. An additional table/booth is not required for representatives beyond 4, but is recommended to help alleviate congestion.
Priority registration deadline: Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Final registration deadline: Wednesday, August 26, 2020
Steps to Register:
- Submit the Employer Registration Form
- You will receive an acknowledgement email, including invoice, in 2-3 business days.
- Submit a $500 payment online or via check. Payment instructions will be provided after submitting the registration form.
- Receipt will be emailed 2-3 business days upon payment.
- 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Employer check-in, setup
- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Career Fair
- 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM: Employer break (concurrent with career fair)
Virtual, details TBD
Employer representatives' names should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the career fair, contact email@example.com.