Cascade CMS is the university's content management system (CMS). It is a web-based tool supported by IT's Web Technologies group and University Marketing's Web and New Media team. The CMS is available to all academic and administrative units and provides a quick and easy way to create web content that is appropriately branded.
Creating a Site
Sites can be created as new sites within the CMS or content from existing UH sites, can be migrated into the CMS. Contact Matthew Castillo to discuss setting up a new account. Web content can be published to central IT servers or to a server maintained externally that has PHP implemented.
CMS training classes are provided by the Office of Web Technologies and are offered once a month. Completion of a training class is required to obtain author and publish access to the CMS. Contact Patty Schwerin for class information.
Image Dimensions (W x H in pixels)
- Powerhouse banner: 1920 x 864 (other campaigns may have different dimensions)
- Features stories: 720 x 540
- Featured events: 720 x 540
- Header: 1920 x 768
- Footer: 1920 x 900
- Feature image: 720 x 480
- Special feature images: 900 x 600
- Spiffs: 720 x 480
- Magazine: 960 x 540
- Featured slide show image: 1130 x 525 (users can alternate height) (if used in feature slide show, all images have to be same size)
- 696 x 259 (height can change)
What file type to use?
- Preferably JPEG