Guest Housing FAQ
Currently, staff and departmental sponsored guests can reserve rooms within our Guest Housing Suites at the University Lofts. Any staff is eligible if their department will complete a booking form on their behalf.
For departments looking to sponsor guests, please email email@example.com for more information. We will get back to you within 2 business days regarding availability. A response will be returned within two (2) business days regarding availability in the University Lofts.
How does the sponsoring department submit payment?
- A monthly invoice will be sent to the guest or UH department sponsoring the guest. Payments must be submitted within 2 weeks of receipt.
- If paying with cash or check, please visit the Student Housing & Residential Life Business Office located at 4377 Cougar Village Drive, Suite 121 during regular business hours of 8am-4:30pm, Monday- Friday. Credit card payments can be made by calling 713-743-6059. Staff will assist with card payments of Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. Be sure to provide the invoice number for ease of processing your payment.
If the guest is covering their own stay, does the sponsoring department still need to provide the Cost Center and Speed Type information?
- Yes, please note that the Cost Center and Speed Type section must be filled out by the UH department, regardless of who is paying. If it is indicated on the reservation form that the guest is paying, all invoices will be sent to the guest for payment.
What if the guest would like to change the length of their stay?
- In the event a guest requests to extend their stay at the University Lofts, guests should contact their sponsoring department and a new reservation form will need to be submitted with proper approval.
What if the guest does not pay?
- All reservations are subject to potential internal processing for past due payments. Departments who opt to have guests pay on their own will be responsible for the balance due if the sponsored guest does not submit payment within 30 days of move-in. The account information listed on the reservation form will be used. If this step is taken, the Certifying Authority will be informed in advance.
Is the sponsoring department responsible for lost key charges?
- Yes, a fee will be added to the invoice for lost keys. Prices are subject to change.
What if a guest locked out of their room?
- Guests can notify the student staff at the front desk for lockouts and they will be assisted.
What if a guest loses their key or access card?
- For a missing key or access card, please notify our student staff at the front desk to fill out a Lost Key Agreement form. Please note there is a charge of $115 associated with lost keys. Your new key should be available in 24 to 48 business hours. Until your key is ready, a loaner key will be issued, if available, or a staff member will assist you with your room access needs.
What time do I check out?
- Guests must check out at noon on the last day of their stay.
Can I get new linens?
- University Lofts does not provide new linens for guests.
Do I have to pay for laundry?
- No, the laundry facilities at University Lofts are free for guests. All you need to bring is your laundry detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, etc. You can also set up text alerts on laundryview.com to be notified when your wash/dry cycles are complete.
Can I have a pet?
- Only university-registered emotional support animals are permitted with prior authorization.
How do I use the TV?
- Each guest suite has a Roku TV mounted on the wall that has access to Philo Edu. For a list of channels please visit https://uh.edu/infotech/help/resident-support/philo/.
- For instructions on how to operate the Roku Remote Control visit the How to operate the Roku remote
Where can I dispose of my trash?
- Guests can dispose of their trash in the laundry rooms and trash rooms, located on the Central-East and North-West corners (floors 2 -10).
How can I put in a maintenance request?
- Guests should notify the student staff at the front desk for assistance.
How do I receive mail?
- The department of UH Delivery Services will receive and deliver all of your incoming mail. You will be issued a number for your mailbox and you can pick up the mailbox key from the student staff at the front desk of University Lofts.
- Below is the correct address format you should give out to receive your mail.
4200 Marting Luther King Jr. Blvd
UL #WC999 (Use your mailbox #)
Houston, TX 77204-7004