Skip to main content

Change of Major

Are you a current University of Houston undergraduate student? Do you want to change to a major in the College of Education? Our advisors can help!

Change of Major Requirements

Current UH students must meet minimum GPA requirements to become a College of Education major. The GPA we review is your UH cumulative GPA.

Major Minimum UH GPA required
Health 2.3
HDFS* 2.3
Teaching 2.5

*Human Development & Family Sciences

Process for Changing Majors

To apply for a change of major, students should schedule an appointment through the Navigate app to meet with an undergraduate advisor for your desired major in the College of Education. During that meeting, you may complete the undergraduate general petition form to declare or change majors.

What if I’m not a current UH student?

If you are a high school student or a transfer student interested in the College of Education, we encourage you to learn more about applying to UH.