The Office of Communications helps facilitate media interviews and provides timely information about the College of Education. Our faculty have a wide range of expertise in education and health and can provide context and insight on newsworthy happenings.
Recent Media Mentions
- How A State Takeover Of HISD Would Work
Houston Public Media
Clinical Assistant Professor Duncan Klussmann provides clarity on the proposed state takeover of the Houston Independent School District.
- 'It saddens me’: Thousands of HISD students never check out books from school libraries
Clinical Professor Margaret Hale comments on the importance of school librarians to assist teachers and promote literacy.
- Bracing for a slowdown: As economists predict reduced speed ahead, here's what Houston can expect
Houston Business Journal
Associate Professor Lyle McKinney shared his insights on the impact of a slowing economy on higher education.
- BridgeYear helps graduating high schoolers find their path
Doctoral student Victoria Doan, founded a nonprofit in 2016 to help high school students figure out what they want to do after graduation.
- Houston School District Ramps Up Advertising Campaign To Stem Enrollment Decline
Houston Public Media
Department Chair Cathy Horn discusses a research project to better understand how families make decisions about schools.
Associate Professor Sissy Wong stresses the importance of changing the way schools teach science in order to prepare students for the energy workforce.
- UH Study: Female firefighters more likely to suffer PTSD, contemplate suicide
FOX 26 News Houston (video)
Counseling Psychology Professor Consuelo Arbona discusses her research about female firefighters, PTSD and suicide contemplation.
- Some low Fort Bend ISD school ratings show links to higher poverty
Community Impact Newspaper
Teresa Edgar, associate dean and early childhood education professor, discusses the importance of training teachers to recognize adversity and help students rise above it.
- How Has College Evolved Over The Years?
Professors Cathy Horn and Lyle McKinney share insights on changes in higher education.
- How to talk to boys about sexual assault. Top 4 tips to protect women, and young men [Opinion]
Associate Dean Jonathan Schwartz, a counseling psychology professor who researches men and masculinity, offers tips for talking to boys about sexual assault.