The department of Political Science offers a variety of resources to it’s students and faculty including access to data sets, the computing lab, statistical software, research resources and technical support.
The University of Houston is a member of the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) at the University of Michigan. This membership offers University of Houston Faculty and Students access to a vast collection of social and political data. Some data is available for direct download through the ICPSR website. However, most datasets must be obtained through the University of Houston Social Science Data Lab.
If you are looking for a dataset and know the ICPSR study number, you can search our local archives. If the data you are looking for is not available in the local archives, you may submit a data request.
Some Helpful Data
- American Political Science Association
- Canadian Political Science Association
- European Consortium for Political Research
- International Political Science Association
- Midwest Political Science Association
- Canadian Journal of Political Science
- Electoral Studies
- Electronic Journals through UH
- Foreign Affairs
- International Economic Review
- JSTOR (only accesible through UH campus)
- Sage Publications - Political Science & International Affairs
- Social Science Quarterly
- World Politics
- Canadian Political Science Associations - Electronic Resources
- The Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research(ICPSR)
- University of Michigan Research Resources