Is University Commencement being canceled?
No! Planning is underway for a virtual commencement in December to recognize our graduating classes from Spring, Summer and Fall 2020. We know many of our seniors, graduate students and their families were terribly disappointed when commencement was cancelled in May. While it is possible conditions may be more conducive to an in-person gathering, committing to a virtual event will give everyone predictability and eliminate the need for travel and the possibility of last-minute cancellations.
What is the deadline to place online orders for regalia?
The last day to order your graduation regalia online is Sunday, November 22, 2020. Orders placed after this date may incur additional fees.
I ordered my regalia online; can I have it shipped?
Yes, we are partnering with our vendor to get online orders shipped to the student. You will receive an email asking if you would like the order shipped and it will give you an opportunity to update the shipping address. PLEASE respond per the instructions on the email as quickly as possible. Once a response is received, it can take up to approximately 28 days for the regalia to arrive to you.
For all other questions regarding regalia, please contact the UH Bookstore at email@example.com or call 713-741-7095
For all questions regarding invitations, please contact Herff Jones at 1 (800) 837-4235.
Will the rescheduled ceremonies be live-streamed for viewing via the web?
Yes, all ceremonies will be live-streamed.
What is the deadline to apply for graduation?
We have extended the window to apply for Fall 2020 graduation to October 2, 2020. Please see the following links for more information.
Undergraduate Catalog calendar
Graduate Catalog calendar
Will we receive our degree before the new graduation date?
Absolutely. Although we have delayed the ceremonies, we will not be delaying certifying degrees for Spring 2020. Pending any changes to the semester calendar or changes in mail delivery, we will proceed with certifying degrees as normal.
Spring graduates typically start to receive diplomas in early June. It is very important that you update your mailing address with the Office of the University Registrar to ensure you receive your diploma.
For more information please visit the following website.
How do I get my Class Ring?
Ring Order Event
October 12–14 from 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
The University of Houston Alumni Association (UHAA) will be hosting an in-person ring order event with Balfour at the Athletics Alumni Center. UHAA will follow safety guidelines and social distancing by having a sign up link, so we can limit the number of guests in the building. Sign up to select your date and time.
If you have any specific questions regarding the ring program, email Elaine Duke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For college specific information, please select your college below:
- Anne Sullivan, email@example.com 713-743-3463
- Trang Phan, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-3463
- Ashlie Contos, email@example.com 713-743-3463
- Carrie Young, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-3172/713-743-3009
- Undergraduates: Kathy Dominguez, email@example.com
- Master and PhD Students: Hisham Talib, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paula Canada, email@example.com 713-743-0892
- Tim Rosas, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-5469
- Sandra Sierra, email@example.com 713-743-1045
- Jeremy L. Dafoe, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-3740
- Michelle Spencer, email@example.com 713-743-1089
- Undergraduates: Joy Mayer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate Students: Anna Marchese, email@example.com
- Kathy Major, firstname.lastname@example.org 713-743-4023
- Tammy N. Whatley, email@example.com 832-842-8220
- Michele Luman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberly Nguyen, email@example.com 832-842-8332
- Micol Rosen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scott Mason, email@example.com 713-743-5572