Spring 2024 UH Commencement for College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
University Commencement Ceremony
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Date: Saturday, December 16, 2023
Time: 9–11 a.m.
Location: Fertitta Center, 3422 Cullen Blvd
The University Commencement Ceremony for the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics will include all Fall 2023 bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. degree candidates and all Summer 2023 graduates from the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
The ceremony will be live-streamed for those who are unable to attend in person.
Tickets will be required for guests. Children two years old and younger do not need a ticket. Graduates participating in the ceremony do not need a ticket.
Tickets were distributed to graduating students via email on November 8, 2023. Each graduate received six (6) electronic, general admission tickets. Tickets are ceremony-specific and may only be used for the ceremony displayed on the ticket.
All commencement tickets are complimentary, and any unused tickets should be returned to the commencement ticket pool. The selling of commencement tickets is not condoned and constitutes a violation of the Student Code of Conduct. UH Commencement Ticketing Information Page
Commencement Ticket Transfer to Guests
Need to transfer your tickets to your guests? Follow the steps below to transfer your tickets from your account:
- Log on to the UHCougars.com/MyAccount webpage
- From the My Tickets page, select the event to access your tickets.
- Select Transfer
- Check the box next to the ticket(s) you'd like to transfer.
- Enter the mobile number or email address of the person you'd like to receive the tickets.
- Review the transfer and select Transfer Tickets at the bottom of the screen.
For detailed instructions on how to download or transfer your tickets, visit the Ticketing page on the UH Commencement website.
Screenshots of QR codes will not be accepted.
Guest Ticket Lottery to Request Additional Tickets, Nov 2–7
Students interested in entering a commencement lottery to receive additional tickets can submit a request to be placed on the waitlist. The commencement lottery was open from November 2 at 10 am through November 7 at 11:59 pm Central. Please note, the availability of extra tickets was not guaranteed and depended on the number of graduates and amount of returned or unclaimed tickets; please plan accordingly. Email inquiries will not be considered for additional tickets.
Students were notified of the commencement lottery results on November 10. If selected, your additional tickets will be available for pickup at the Graduation Celebration taking place on November 30 from 9 am–4 pm on the lower level of the UH Campus Store located in the Student Center South at 4455 University Dr. #130.
Additional pick-up dates and times will be made available December 4-8 from 9 am-7 pm at the UH Ticket Office at TDECU Stadium. Please note, all additional tickets awarded through the guest ticket lottery will be printed tickets.
Commencement Ticket Give Back Program
Don’t plan on attending commencement? Don’t need all six (6) commencement tickets? Help your fellow graduates and give your extra tickets back to the ticketing pool! Use the link below to submit your request to give back some of your commencement tickets.
Questions About Commencement Tickets
Please email email@example.com.
Fertitta Center, Clear Bag Policy
Fertitta Center enforces a clear bag policy to ensure safety for guests. Items such as backpacks, purses and diaper bags are not permitted, and guests are strongly encouraged to not bring any bags to the facility.
The following items will be allowed inside Fertitta Center events:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches
- 1-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar)
- A small clutch purse no larger than 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches, with or without a handle or strap (These small clutches remain subject to search)
Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the doors by arena personnel.
Information for Graduating Students
Cap and Gown
Graduation candidates will wear regalia (cap and gown) at the ceremony. Do not bring extra items with you; there will be no storage area for your possessions.
The deadline to order regalia online was November 20. Beginning November 30, regalia can be purchased or rented at the UH Campus Store. For regalia questions, contact the UH Campus Store at 713-741-7095 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSM Stage Pass – Print and Bring to Commencement
Each NSM graduation candidate must arrive at commencement with their own Stage Pass. This pass will be emailed to students by Friday, December 8, 2023. Open the email, read the instructions, and print the Stage Pass.
You must have this Stage Pass with you at the ceremony. As you prepare to cross the stage, you will hand this paper to the reader who will announce your name. An image on your phone does not take the place of this actual printed page.
Arrival Time for Graduation Candidates: December 16
- Bachelor’s Degree Candidates: Must arrive at 7:00 a.m.
- Master’s and Doctoral Degree Candidates: Must arrive at 7:30 a.m.
Graduating students will meet at the UH Athletics/Alumni Center on Cullen Blvd. Graduates need to follow the guidelines provided in the Fertitta Center clear bag policy. Only graduating students will be allowed in the Athletics/Alumni Center for line up. You must bring your Stage Pass with you.
Before/During Ceremony: NSM staff will direct the flow of the graduates throughout the ceremony. Follow their instructions.
Photography: Flash Photography will take your picture as you cross the stage and after you exit the stage. They will contact you after the ceremony with proofs of photos that can be purchased.
Students with Special Needs
Please contact Tristan Sims at email@example.com to plan how we can best accommodate your needs on this exciting day.
Information for Guests
Arrival Time for Guests
Doors to Fertitta Center will open at 8 a.m., one hour prior to the start of Commencement. Tickets are required for entry. Please see clear bag policy listed above. Entrance will be on the Holman Street side across from the Stadium Garage.
Guests with Mobility Needs
- Special seating is available, but limited. Please plan to arrive early.
- For guests with mobility impairments, the doors will open at 7:30 a.m., 30 minutes earlier than the scheduled time, so you can be comfortably seated.
- To accommodate as many mobility-impaired guests as possible, there will be a strict limit of one guest accompanying the mobility-impaired guest in the reserved seating area. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause your group.
Parking – Students and Guests
Parking for NSM Commencement is complimentary in the designated areas (Stadium Garage and Lot 16B) during the ceremony. To help minimize traffic, guests and graduates are encouraged to carpool or ride share to the ceremony. Commencement Parking Map
Fertitta Center Parking
- Graduates are encouraged to park in Lot 16B.
- Guests should use the Stadium Garage located at 3875 Holman Street, Houston, TX 77004 (Holman Street off Scott Street).
- There is construction on Cullen Boulevard; we recommend that guests use Scott Street to reach the Stadium Garage.
- Please allow enough time to get to the garage and park.
Check the UH Commencement webpage regularly for the most current information.
If you have questions, please contact UH Commencement at firstname.lastname@example.org or NSM Commencement planning at email@example.com.
Past Ceremonies Archive