Welcome to your third year at UH, a time to delve deeper into your experiences. As you balance academics, work, admissions exams, and graduation planning, remember to seek help when needed. Here is what to consider during your third year:
Career planning and resume building
- Explore internships and research opportunities to narrow down your career options.
- Schedule a meeting with a Career Counselor to discuss your goals and prospects.
- Ensure your resume is up to date and create a LinkedIn profile with support from University Career Services.
- Ask faculty, staff, and past employers to be references for employment opportunities or graduate school applications.
- If considering graduate school, tap into resources from University Career Services and the Graduate School for preparation.
- Meet with your advisor to discuss your degree progress, plan courses for the semster, and ensure you are on track for gradaution.
- Questions to ask you advisor:
- Am I still on track to graduate in four years?
- If I can’t get a course I need to graduate, what should I do?