(December 14, 2023—January 11, 2024)
Exam P (Probability) covers calculus-based probability. It will test a candidate's knowledge of the fundamental probability tools for quantitatively assessing risk. A thorough command of the supporting calculus is assumed. Additionally, a very basic knowledge of insurance and risk management is assumed. Knowledge of Probability is REQUIRED.
Additional Camp/Event Details
- Click this LINK to register for the Actuary Camp
- Click this LINK to see our previous Actuary Camp participants.
- Click this LINK to see testimonials from our previous camp participants that passed Exam (P) after finishing the camp.
- Inaugural Actuary Camp Orientation Seminar
- Past P-Exam Camp Events, hosted by AIG: Winter 2019 Seminar/Workshop Day ; Winter 2020 Seminar/Workshop Day ; Summer 2021 Seminar/Workshop day ; Winter 2021 Seminar/Workshop day, Summer 2022 Seminar/Workshop day
P-Exam Camp Administrators:
- Dr. James West (P-Exam Camp Mentor/Camp Director): Dr. West will occasionally send important information to you about the Actuary Career Path, as well as dates in which you can sign up for the P-Exam. He can be contacted at email@example.com
- Dr. Bernhard Bodmann (Department Chairman/Camp Director): He can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Tai McAlister (Communications Manager/Camp Director): email@example.com
P-Exam Camp Instructors:
- Sean Gillings (Winter 2022—current)
- Gregory Hemenway (Winter 2020—Summer 2022)
- Mahmood Ghasemi (Winter 2021)
- Mohammad Daneshvar (Winter 2020—Summer 2021)
*Re-enrollment into a Camp: If you previously participated in our camp and would like to register for another camp session, for a refresher course, please contact us for a potential discount on the new registration camp fee.
Corebridge Financial is diligently looking to hire UH Math Majors as an actuaries. Here's how they want to make that happen:
- Register for the P-Exam:
- [CBT dates: January 14—22, 2024] or [Paper/pencil date: January 11, 2024]. Registration Deadlines: (CBT & Paper/Pencil) 12/12/23
- [CBT dates: March 11—22, 2024] or [Paper/pencil date: N/A]. Registration Deadlines: (CBT only) 02/13/24
- [CBT dates: May 10—21, 2024] or [Paper/pencil date: May 10, 2024]. Registration Deadlines: (CBT Paper/Pencil) 04/09/24
- [CBT dates: July 19—30, 2024] or [Paper/pencil date: N/A]. Registration Deadlines: (CBT only) 06/18/24
- [CBT dates: September 12—23, 2024] or [Paper/pencil date: September 12, 2024]. Registration Deadlines: (CBT & Paper/Pencil) 08/13/24
- [CBT dates: November 08—19, 2024] or [Paper/pencil date: N/A.] Registration Deadlines: (CBT only) 10/08/24
- SOA Probability Exam Syllabi for 2024
- Register for the Actuarial P-Exam Camp (December'23/January '24) participate and complete
- Take the P-Exam and pass it!
- Apply to Corebridge Financial's Internship Program - Summer 2024 (ideal candidate is Sophomore or Junior)
- Complete the Summer Internship and potentially be offered a position after graduation!
- Examination Schedule: https://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/exam-day-info/exam-schedules/
- Registration link: https://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/registration/edu-registration/
- Probability Exam Syllabus for January 2024
- Examination Rules: https://www.soa.org/education/exam-req/exam-day-info/edu-cbt-add-rules/