The Student Health Center & Campus Pharmacy welcomes you to the University of Houston. We hope the following information will orient you to our services.
Our mission is to provide cost-effective, comprehensive, compassionate, and quality primary medical care to all UH students so they can learn best health practices and maintain their focus on successful academic outcomes.
We are located in the Health 2 Building at 4349 Martin Luther King Boulevard.
We offer an on-campus pharmacy and non-emergent, outpatient medical care as well as several specialty clinics.
Our staff includes board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, registered nurses, certified medical assistants, and helpful administrative staff.
All enrolled students, faculty and staff are eligible to use the UH Campus Pharmacy. The pharmacy has a large formulary of available prescription medications as well as over-the-counter drugs. Many insurance plans are accepted. Please call the pharmacy at 713-743-5125 if you have a question about the availability of the medication you need or accepted insurance plans.
- Appointments are required for all clinic services may be scheduled by calling 713-743-5151 during regular business hours. Appointment for Primary Care, including Men’s and Women’s Health, and Immunizations may also be scheduled through our Healthy Coog Patient Portal.
- We request that you plan to arrive at the Student Health Center at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment to allow enough time to complete the check-in process. Please take into account the time to travel to our destination which includes traffic and finding a parking space as well as the check-in process so as not to risk a late arrival or no show. If you arrive after your scheduled appointment time, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- The Student Health Center Primary Care, including Men’s and Women’s Health, offers services at an affordable cost to currently enrolled students.
- Services include treatment for both short-term and long-term medical problems and injuries. Immunizations are offered at the clinic.
- For the most efficient use of your time, call 713-743-5151 to make an appointment to be seen by a clinician in the Primary Care Clinic. Same-day visits are usually available but urgent concerns are prioritized. We strongly encourage you to schedule your same-day appointment as early in the day as possible. Be advised that if you wait until the afternoon to try to be seen in our Primary Care clinic, there is a possibility our appointments will be completely booked for that day.
- Psychiatry and Orthopedics services are available by appointment. Orthopedics services require a referral from the Student Health Center Primary Care clinic. These services are available to currently enrolled UH students only.
- Immunizations, Tuberculosis Testing, and Immunological Titers are available to currently enrolled students. Patients are seen by appointment. The charge for this service is based on the vaccine(s) or test(s).
- Admitted students requiring immunizations or testing for their university program may obtain these services.
- A comprehensive selection of lab tests is available on the order of your Student Health Center clinician. Patients are seen by appointment. The charge for this service is based on the test(s).
- Diagnostic x-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans, and MRIs are provided by referral from a Student Health Center clinician to a nearby facility.
Healthy Coog Patient Portal
- Schedule appointments online 24/7 for Primary Care, Men’s and Women’s Health and Immunization services (for other services, please call 713-743-5151.
- Receive secure lab reports and messages from your clinician.
- Send a secure message to your clinician’s Nurse/Medical Assistant.
- View and print your immunization records.
- Link is also available through the UH Go App and AccessUH.
- Log in using your CourgarNet ID and password.
The Student Health Center accepts commercial third-party insurance for pharmacy and eligible laboratory services. All other services are billed directly to the patient at a self-pay rate and a statement suitable for insurance claim submission is available through the Healthy Coog Patient Portal.
A fee is charged for professional services (office visits). An additional fee is charged for medications, laboratory services, procedures, supplies, injections, etc. based on the plan of treatment and the type of services provided.
After Hours Care and Medical Emergencies
The Student Health Center is not an Urgent Care/Walk-in Center, Emergency Room, or extended-hours/24-hour facility. Appointments are required.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
- If you get sick after hours, on weekends, or holidays and you would like to be seen by a clinician, you may seek off-campus health care. There are many options in the Houston area. The list of Convenient Care and Urgent Care Centers below offers some suggestions but does not include all available medical facilities.
- Emergency medical concerns are not appropriate for treatment at the Student Health Center. Patients who present to the Student Health Center with emergency medical concerns will be referred to an Emergency Room.
Making a Health Care Plan and First Aid Kit for College Students
On the list of items to include when moving to campus should be a First Aid Kit and to have a plan for your health care needs.
The University of Houston Student Health Center and Campus Pharmacy are on campus to help you with your health care needs, but minor injuries and illnesses can occur at any time. It is best to be prepared and make a plan before you have a health care need.