Graduate Application Instructions
Thank you for your interest in applying to the University of Houston College of Education! The application process takes place online via ApplyWeb. We encourage you to prepare your materials early. Please carefully read the standards for admissions and the application instructions below.
An applicant is responsible for ensuring that all required materials are received by the College before the program's deadline. If the application is not complete by the program’s deadline, it will not be evaluated for admissions.
Required Application Materials
Read instructions for all required application materials:
- ApplyWeb Application
- Official Test Scores
- Statement of Interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of Recommendation
- Supplemental Documentation (Required for some programs)
An application fee is required for every selected program of interest:
- Domestic application fee: $80.00 USD
- International application fee: $75.00 USD
- The admissions application fee is NOT required for certificate and certification-only programs.
Effective August 1, 2020, all graduate application fees processed through the graduate admissions unit of the Graduate School will be transitioned to a uniform application fee structure as follows:
- Domestic Application Fee: $50 USD
International Application Fee: $80 USD
Non-degree objective application fee (both domestic/international): $25 USD
Expedite the Process
- Request required documents such as transcripts, test scores and letters of recommendation as soon as possible. They may take longer to receive than you expect.
- Send original copies of official test scores and transcripts to the University. Please refer to the application page for address information. The University of Houston's school code is 6870.
- Do NOT send official test scores or transcripts to the College of Education.
- Apply and complete your application well in advance of the program's deadline. The ApplyWeb application will be available to prospects on June 1 for spring admissions and August 1 for fall admissions.
- A decision cannot be rendered until all of the required application materials have been submitted by the program's deadline. Applicants will receive written notification that their application is complete upon receipt of all required documentation.
- During the admissions process, applicants will have the opportunity to check their admission status online through ApplyWeb.
- If an applicant is offered admission to the UH College of Education, an offer letter within ApplyWeb will be provided.
- Please be sure you have read the standards for admissions.
- Review information about financial assistance.
- Apply now!