To Declare Minor:
- Must complete BOTH forms (Minor Degree Plan and General Petition Form)
- Have no financial delinquency holds from UH Student Financial Services
- Cumulative UH GPA of 2.0 or higher (students with no UH coursework must wait until GPA is established)
- 18 hrs in Psychology: PSYC 2301, PSYC 2305, 9 hours PSYC 3000/4000 level, 3 hours PSYC any level. No course substitutions allowed!
- At least 9 hours in the minor must be advanced (3000/4000 level)
- All courses in minor must have a grade of “C” or higher (grades C- or lower will not be counted). The interim grading policy of Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Fall 2020, and Spring 2021 do not exclude this requirement. Grades of S must be equal to, or better than, a grade of C.
- Psychology Minor GPA must be 2.0 or higher (all PSYC courses attempted at UH are considered towards GPA)
- Residency requirement: 9 hrs of minor coursework must be completed at UH (of those 9 hrs, 6 must be advanced 3000/4000 level)
- Completion of PSYC 2301, 2305, and 2317 (3301) may be required for some 3000/4000 level courses.
TOTAL NUMBER OF HOURS REQUIRED: 18 HOURS (9 hours at 3000/4000 level)
Required courses (6 hours):
PSYC 2301 Introduction to Psychology (formerly PSYC 1300)
PSYC 2305 Intro. to Methods in Psychology + Lab (formerly PSYC 2301)
Electives (12 hours):
PSYC Advanced - 9 hours at the 3000/4000 level
PSYC Any Level - 3 hours at any level
You may email your petition and minor degree plan forms to the Psychology Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not need to submit the forms in person.