• 18 hours in Psychology:
PSYC 2301, PSYC 2305, 1 course from List A and
3 courses from List B.
No substitutions allowed!
• At least 9 hours in the minor must be advanced (3000/4000 level)
• All courses in minor must have a grade of “C” or higher
(C- grade will not be counted). Grades of "S" earned during the interim grading policy of spring 2020, summer 2020, fall 2020, and spring 2021 will not be accepted if the grade earned was not a "C" or better.
• Psychology Minor GPA must be 2.0 or higher
(all PSYC courses attempted at UH are considered towards GPA)
• Residency requirement: 9 hrs of minor must be taken at UH
(of those 9 hrs, 6 must be advanced 3000/4000 level)
To Declare Minor:
• Must complete BOTH forms: Minor Degree Plan Form and General Petition Form
• A major must be declared in PeopleSoft (e.g. NO Pre-Bus, Pre-Pharm, etc)
• Have no financial delinquency holds from UH Student Financial Services
• Cumulative UH GPA of 2.0 or higher
(students with no UH coursework must wait until GPA is established)
• You may email your petition and minor degree plan forms to a psychology advisor. You do not need to submit the forms in person.
Ms. Geneva Molina: email@example.com
Ms. Alexandra De Leon: firstname.lastname@example.org
PSYC 2301 Introduction to Psychology (CC) (formerly PSYC 1300)
PSYC 2305 Introduction to Methods in Psychology (formerly PSYC 2301)
LIST A: CHOOSE 1 COURSE
PSYC 2344 Cultural Psychology (CC)(WID) (formerly PSYC 4344)
PSYC 2308 Child Development (CC) (formerly PSYC 2350)
PSYC 2307 Psychology of Adolescence (CC) (formerly PSYC 2351)
PSYC 2319 Introduction to Social Psychology (formerly PSYC 2380)
LIST B: CHOOSE 3 COURSES
PSYC 3310 Industrial-Organizational Psychology (CC)(WID)
PSYC 3339 Introduction to Clinical Psychology*
PSYC 3325 Psychology of Personality (formerly PSYC 4325)*
PSYC 3350 Introduction to Cognitive Psychology*
PSYC 4321 Abnormal Psychology (CC)(WID)
Note. CC = Social Sciences Core Curriculum Course; WID = Writing in Disciplines Core Course
*These courses have prerequisites of PSYC 1300, PSYC 2301, and PSYC 3301 to be completed before enrolling. MATH 2311, MATH 3339, POLS 3316, and SOC 3400 may be used in place of PSYC 3301 to meet prerequisites for Psychology Minor Courses ONLY. MATH 2311, MATH 3339, POLS 3316, and SOC 3400 are NOT applicable toward the psychology major.