Applications for Fall 2022 will open on August 1, 2021.
How to Apply?
Please click the following link for more information: Psychology Graduate Program Application. All required documents are to be directly uploaded to your account during the application process. Please prepare them beforehand as we will not grant extensions to submit required documents.
- A completed graduate studies application.
- An official electronic transcript from each institution attended.
- One official copy of your general GRE test scores. Please have your GRE scores sent by ETS (Educational Testing Service) to the University of Houston, University Park Campus (Code: 6870). The Department of Psychology will only accept official GRE scores sent from ETS. See the table below to determine if your program will require the GRE for the fall 2022 application cycle.
- Three letters of recommendation. Your recommender must submit the letter via a link sent to them by the University of Houston Graduate School. Do not send letters to the Department of Psychology as they will not be processed.
- A 2-3 page career statement, please include two faculty members with whom you wish to work during your graduate school process.
- A $50.00 non-refundable processing fee is due at the time of your application submission. Fee must be paid online via CollegeNet.
Submission Process for Applicants
Program deadlines for receipt of application materials are as follows for fall admission the following academic year:
|December 1||Clinical Psychology||GRE excluded|
|December 1||Social Psychology||GRE required|
|December 15||Developmental, Cognitive, & Behavioral Neuroscience||GRE excluded|
|December 1||Industrial/Organizational Psychology||GRE required|
For Electronic Copy Submissions:
Regular Mail Address:
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
P.O. BOX 3947
HOUSTON, TX 77253-3947
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
4302 University Dr, Rm 102
HOUSTON, TX 77204-2012
Submission Process for International Applicants
In addition to the materials listed above, the International Admissions Office requires that you submit the following:
- An official copy of your TOEFL scores.
- A letter of financial backing found on the UH Graduate School website.
- Two passport size photos (only required if made an offer of admission).
- A $80.00 (US$) processing fee in addition to the departmental processing fee should be paid at the time of your application submission. Fee must be paid online via CollegeNet.
All applicants: If you have questions regarding the application process you may contact the Academic Affairs Office (email@example.com). Applicants may be nominated for a Presidential Fellowship.