UH ASLI faculty and students - 2018.
ASLI students have access to the following resources:
- Native users of ASL for language instruction;
- Experienced interpreting Faculty for skills modeling;
- Competitive admissions process and personalized acceptance plans (when needed);
- Membership in the ASL Society at UH;
- Monthly events for community involvement, volunteering opportunities and language exposure;
- Library resources for assigned research projects regarding ASL and interpreting topics;
- Designated Language tutor for ASLI students;
- ASLI Language lab equipped with webcams and recording software to capture video stimuli;
- DVDs for ASL language development;
- DVDs for simultaneous and consecutive interpreting practice;
- Books and materials for ASL and English skills development;
- Certification Test prep materials.