Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA) - University of Houston
Skip to main content

Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (TA)

The University of Houston will work with you to utilize your benefits to pursue your educational goals, as well as work with students who transition from TA to GI Bill® education benefits.

How are TA benefits processed at the University of Houston?

  • Apply for TA through the Education Service Officer (ESO) at your unit or branch of service.
  • Submit your TA voucher to Melissa Villarreal via email in the Student Business Service Office prior to the tuition due date for the term for which you are requesting benefits.
  • Upon receipt of the TA voucher, your tuition account will be coded "third party payment plan." We recommend that you apply for the 90-day Emergency Deferment in order to secure your courses in case the benefit amount is not applied by the deadline.
  • In the event you make a change to your enrollment, you must contact your ESO to request a revised TA.
  • For additional information, see the link below for your branch of service.