A Visiting Student (sometimes referred to as a Transient Student) can take undergraduate courses at the University of Houston, but is not seeking a degree. Students are getting a jumping start on their college coursework, are applying credit toward a degree at another institution, or may have already completed a Bachelor's Degree and are taking pre-requisite courses as a Post-Baccalaureate student.
- Admission as a Visiting Student is granted to:
- undergraduate students who are in good standing at their current or most recently attended college or university, OR
- spring 2020 high school graduates who have not earned college credit post high school graduation, and have a minimum unweighted cumulative GPA of a 3.5 (Summer 2020 courses only)
- Visiting students are not eligible for Financial Aid
Steps to Apply
- Complete the Transient Application at applytexas.org.
- Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee ($90 for international students) with a credit card, debit card, or check.
- Have your most recent transcript sent to the University of Houston at the address below. For faster service, send your transcript to us electronically.
University of Houston
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
4434 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204
|Term||Deadline Type||Deadline Date||Documents Deadline|
|Summer 2020||Priority Deadline*||5/15/2020||5/15/2020|
|Fall 2020||Application Closes||7/17/2020||7/24/2020|
*If you are interested in taking courses for Summer Session 1, 2 and 3 please submit your application and necessary documents as indicated by your myUH To Do list by the Summer Priority Deadline. Applications and documents submitted for the Summer after the priority deadline will be considered for Summer Session 4.
Visiting to Degree Seeking
Once admitted as a visiting student, no application is necessary for enrollment in future term sessions. Enrollment as a degree-seeking student requires the following steps requires a visiting student to complete the Degree Seeking Status Change Request Form, meet transfer admission requirements of the University of Houston (and their intended major), and submit all transcripts from previous colleges and universities. Admitted students will be required to go through New Student Orientation. The degree seeking request form must be submitted by the following deadlines:
Deadlines for Visiting to Degree Seeking Status Change Requests
|Summer 2020||May 1|
|Fall 2020||July 15|
|Spring 2020||November 1|
Degree Seeking Status Change Request Form