A Visiting or Transient student can take specific undergraduate coursework at the University of Houston, but is not seeking a degree. Most Visiting students will apply credit toward a degree at another institution or may have already completed a Bachelor's Degree and are taking pre-requisite courses as a Post-Baccalaureate student.
- Admission as a Visiting student is only granted to students who are in good standing at their current or most recently attended college or university
- Visiting students are not eligible for Financial Aid
Steps to Apply
- Complete the Transient Application at applytexas.org.
- Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee ($90 for international students) with a credit card, debit card, or check.
- Have your most recent official transcript sent to the University of Houston at the address below. For faster service, send your official transcript to us electronically.
University of Houston
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
4434 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204
Once admitted as a visiting student, no application is necessary for enrollment in future term sessions. Enrollment as a degree-seeking student requires a visiting student to complete the Degree Seeking Status Change Request Form, meet transfer admission requirements of the University of Houston (and their intended major), and submit all transcripts from previous colleges and universities.
Degree Seeking Status Change Request Form