All of the University of Houston Sport Clubs are developed, created and maintained by students just like you! If you are interested in starting a new club at the University, please follow the steps listed below. If you have any questions along the way, feel free to contact the Rec Sports Office.
Find other students interested!
- No Sport Club can exist with only one or two students involved. Any club may seem like a great idea, but without student support, it will never get off the ground.
- Create a Facebook page or group to find other students at UH interested in your club.
- Contact different buildings & residence halls on the UH campus about posting flyers advertising your prospective club.
Become a Registered Student Organization (RSO)
- All UH Sport Clubs are official Registered Student Organizations of the University.
- To become a Registered Student Organization, start by visiting the Center for Student Involvement's Organization Registration page and complete the 4 steps.
Applying to Become a UH Sport Club
Once the organization becomes officially registered with Center for Student Involvement (CSI):
- Contact the Sport Clubs administration to set-up a meeting to discuss the process and plans for joining the Sport Clubs program.
- Obtain the signature of 15 currently enrolled UH students who are interested in forming the club. (NOTE: a minimum of 20 signatures are needed for competitive clubs.)
- Submit the following items to the Sport Clubs Administration:
Once the completed application packet has been submitted, the Sport Clubs Administration (Coordinator, Assistant Director, and Associate Director) and student leaders of the organization will meet to discuss their plans for establishing the club. Based on the outcome of the meeting, the Coordinator will either request additional information, or make a decision.
If you have any additional questions, please refer to the Sport Club Handbook or contact the Coordinator.