Learning Abroad Presentation Requests
Our staff are available to present about Learning Abroad in classroom visits ranging from 5 mintues to a full class session, as well as for student organizations, faculty and staff meetings, and other group presentations. We can present on program options for specific majors, locations, and terms, as well as funding opportunities, including nationally competitive scholarships.
If you would like to schedule a class visit, please complete the MS form linked here.
Faculty-Led/University Sponsored Program Proposal Process
- Learning Abroad Faculty-Led Program Development Timeline
- 2022-2023 Faculty-Led Program Proposal
- Submission Deadlines:
- Winter Break 2021 Programs: June 6, 2022
- Spring 2022 Programs: August 5, 2022
- Summer 2022 Programs: October 14, 2022
- Links to FY23 proposal forms forthcoming
- Submission Deadlines:
Learning Abroad by the Numbers
- The “Learning Abroad by the Numbers” infographic tells our story—growth, goals and UH program participation abroad. Help us continue to grow and shape UH’s global footprint! The next round of LA by the Numbers to be release at the end of FY22.
Learning Abroad Student Travel Policies
UH Student Travel Policy
UH Learning Abroad is currently updating our student travel policy. Students may participate in approved affiliated, faculty-led, reciprocal exchange, and univeristy-affiliated fellowship programs based on completion of required steps set by Learning Abroad and the Office of the Provost. For more details, please contact Learning Abroad.
- UH Procedures
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board Procedures
Program Planning and Coordination
- Risk Management Resources
Incident Report Form
- Access the Incident Report Form here. This form is to be completed by faculty member to report incidents that occur during a faculty-led program.
Additional Faculty Opportunities
- Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad Program
- Provides grants to support overseas projects in training, research, and curriculum development in modern foreign languages and area studies for teachers, students, and faculty engaged in a common endeavor. Projects may include short-term seminars, curriculum development, group research or study, or advanced intensive language programs.
Student Conduct Abroad
- While abroad, students are expected to follow all policies, rules, guidelines, and expectations as outlined in the Student Conduct Abroad Agreement
Academic Advisor Resources
- Click here for the presentation from the Learning Abroad Advisor Workshop, which was held in June 2019.