Dec 07 12:00 am
Voya: On-campus Consultation with Alan Brubaker
Invest for your future with a supplemental retirement plan offered through Voya. Meet with Alan Brubaker on in-person on campus or virtually. Schedule an appointment to learn more about Voya and the different options available.
Dec 08 12:00 pm
Make the most of your benefits! Join the Benefits Team for an open forum. This forum will allow you an opportunity to ask the benefits team questions about benefits: Health & Benefits Plans, Retirement Plans, Optional Benefits, Power Up Wellness, and Leave benefits.
Dec 12 12:00 pm
Be Benefits Wise (HRT022)
Do you need a refresher on your benefits? Please join the Benefits Team for a Q&A “Be Benefits Wise” session to get an overview of what your benefits have to offer. You will get an overview of your Medical, Dental, Optional Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), Dependent Term Life, State of Texas Vision, Disability Coverage, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, TexFlex Flexible Spending Accounts, and Optional Benefits.
Dec 13 9:30 am
Corebridge Financial: On-campus Consultation with Marissa Kerns
AIG is now Corebridge Financial! A leading provider of retirement services, Corebridge is committed to helping you take action for your future. Turn your financial goals into financial wins by making an appointment to meet with representative Marissa Kerns, one-on-one, on campus.
Dec 14 10:30 am
Retirement 101 (HRT039)
No matter where you are in your career, it is never too soon to start thinking about Retirement! Gain a greater understanding of ORP and TRS retirement benefits, vesting and eligibility, as well as how to calculate TRS retirement benefits and much more.
PowerUP- An Employee Wellness Initiative Presentation
POWER UP Wellness Policies
HR is pleased to offer University of Houston Faculty and Staff a number of discounts on many different products and services.
Some businesses will want to see your University Faculty/Staff ID; others may want you to print out a coupon or enter a special discount code on their website.
Please peruse the different programs below, including PerkSpot, the newest discount program available to the UH community.
PerkSpot (Access Code: UHPerks) provides access to thousands of national and local discounts including theme parks, event tickets, travel, name brand items and more!
Additional discount providers include:
- Saving Center Discounts for UH employees are offered through the University’s Deer Oaks EAP Services. To access the Saving Center log into the EAP.
- Corporate Shopping Company Special offers for current UH employees!
- Discount Puchase Program Discounts for State of Texas employees, retirees, and their immediate families administered by Beneplace!
- HealthSelect ShoppERS An incentive program that allows you to save money and earn rewards in a TexFlexSM health care flexible spending account (FSA) when shopping for certain medical services and procedures!
- Visit blue365deals.com/bcbstx for information on discounts available BCBSTX members and to sign up to receive weekly "Featured Deals" emails!
- BCBSTX Blue Points Earn Blue Points for regularly participating in many different healthy activities!
For additional discounts on airport parking, auto rentals and telephone, click here.
“Healthier U” Resource Archive
- Nine Dimensions of Wellness
- Herb Combinations and Seasonings Blends Recipes (PDF)
- Shopping, Cooking and Meal Planning
- American Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietary Supplement Safety Information
- 10 Minute Stretch Break
- Budgeting Basics Worksheet
- Steps to Financial Recovery
- 30 Minute Meals (PDF)
- Building a Better Credit Report
- Feel Good Food: Nutrition to Support Immunity
- A Normal Response to an Abnormal Event (Handout)
- Mastering the Concept 2 Rower
- Budgeting Basics
- Pre & Post Workout Nutrition
- Never Has Physical Activity Been More Important
- Overcoming Postural Issues & Exercise Form (Handout)
- Quick Nutrition on the Go (Handout)
- Outdoor Workout Tips & Tricks (Handout)
- Walk on the Wild Side: How to reap the benefits of the outdoors
- 3 Simple Tips to Help Prevent the Top Threats to Men’s Health (Handout)
- Recharge Tactics: Strategies to Reset, Plug in & Perform Better (Handout)
- Quick Exercise Breaks (Handout)
- Managing Relationships During Stressful Times (Handout)
- Smashing Stigma and Supporting Mental Health Before, During, and After Crisis (Handout)
- Maximizing Grocery Store Trips & Managing Intake in a New Environment (Handout)
- Intro to Mindfulness - the what, why and how
- Unconventional Workout Equipment (Handout)
- Stress Management for Essential Staff (Handout)
- 10 Ways to maintain your health (and spirit!) while working from home
- Outsmart Your Mind to Eat Better (Handout)
- Matters of the Heart
- Which Fitness Test is Best For Me
- Healthy Holiday Season
- Limited Equipment Workout
- The Sitting Disease
- Quick and Easy Food Prep (Recipes)
Cougar Walking Paths