Graduate Tuition Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
The Kathrine G. McGovern College of the Arts (KGMCA) awards Graduate Tuition Fellowships (GTF) to encourage excellence and success in students in its terminal degree programs. The College awards GTF to students identified by the various departments as eligible and approved for support under this program.
GTF covers the cost of in-state tuition and mandatory fees¹ (up to 9 credit hours for each fall and spring semester for School of Art Master of Fine Arts (MFA) students, and up to 12 credit hours for each fall and spring semester for School of Theatre Master of Fine Arts (MFA) students and Moores School of Music Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA) students). Details on the general eligibility standards of the GTF are as follows:
- To be eligible to be considered for funding, a student must be enrolled full-time in a KGMCA MFA or DMA program.
- Continuing students must demonstrate satisfactory progress in the degree program as defined by the enrolling college or department.
- Continuing students must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- DMA and MFA students may hold tuition fellowships for no more than three academic years (6 semesters).
- The GTF recipient is responsible for payment of tuition for any additional enrolled credit hours above those covered by the GTF per semester.
- The student is responsible for all tuition and fees as they are due, regardless of the expectation or disbursement of a GTF.
- Students holding the GTF must agree not to be employed (on or off campus) for more than 20 hours a week (50% FTE). Violation of this provision will result in withdrawal of the funding during the semester in which the violation occurs.
- Recipients may accept other scholarships and grants in conjunction with GTF.
- Students whose tuition is paid through other financial aid sources (e.g. Hazelwood, third party contracts) are not eligible to receive the GTF.
- Students who fail to meet all the criteria for eligibility throughout the entire semester may have their fellowship revoked retroactively.
¹ All other costs and fees, such as university mandated course fees, departmental major fees within KGMCA, academic fees, designated tuition, housing, parking, and the international student health plan are not included in the GTF funding and remain the obligation of the student.