We are the University of Houston's Graduate and Professional Student Association and our purpose is to act as advocates for graduate & professional students throughout the course of their time at UH. We are elected for the purpose of serving as the voice of graduate and professional students to administrators, staff, and faculty. GPSA aims to provide its members and constituents with many opportunities for both academic and personal growth, including the following:
Serving as the official advocates for graduate students and communicating their needs to faculty and administrators
Presenting an opportunity for graduate and professional students to voice their concerns and contribute to the student experience on our campus
Creating opportunities for students to connect academically and socially in a variety of events hosted each semester
The Graduate and Professional Student Association serves as a channel for graduate and professional students to voice concerns, resolve difficulties, and provide feedback on issues that directly affect graduate student life at the University of Houston. GPSA will aim to provide a community that allows graduate and professional students to collaborate in order to enhance graduate student academic and social student life experiences.
- To foster interdisciplinary excellence in master and doctoral research as well as enhancing the impact of graduate groups and students.
- To advocate changes deemed necessary by graduate students.
- To encourage unity among the graduate and professional students as a whole.
- To improve the academic environment for graduate and professional students through sponsored events.
- To serve as an outreach venue for graduate and professional students by providing opportunities for social interaction and service to the local community.