Leslie and Kim Wheless Scholarship Endowment Undergraduate
This scholarship is available to full-time undergraduate junior or senior degree-seeking students pursuing a career in teaching. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants exhibiting leadership qualities as determined by the College of Education Scholarship Committee.
Notification of awards will be sent to your UH email address. Please make sure your destination email is updated in PeopleSoft (MyUH).
- Applicant must be a certified full-time undergraduate (12 hours) junior or senior degree seeking student in good standing in the College of Education and the University of Houston.
- Applicants must be a declared Education major pursuing a career in teaching.
- Applicant must maintain a GPA of 2.8 or better.
- Scholarship recipients may accept other scholarships and grants
- Scholarship applicants must submit an essay of one page or less sharing their vision of what their students will gain in their class and how their students will be better citizens because of working with the scholarship applicant.
- Funds can be used to cover expenses for tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies for the coming academic semester. Any expenses of a recipient in excess of the amount deposited must be borne by the student.
- Priority will be given to an applicant with documented financial need.
Awards for this scholarship will be determined by the College of Education Scholarship Committee.
To Apply, please follow the Scholarship Application Process