In order to park a vehicle at the University of Houston at Katy, all students, faculty and staff must have a valid UH parking permit.
Overview of Parking Permit System
- UH at Katy permits can be purchased through AccessUH by logging into the myParking icon and clicking the “Get Permit” button.
- Purchases can be made at any point during the semester and are prorated weekly.
- The UH at Katy permits are valid only at the UH at Katy campus.
- Please note: All active University of Houston parking permits are permitted to park at UH at Katy. The evening-weekend permit cannot be used until 3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- As a reminder, University of Houston parking permits this year are virtual. This includes the UH at Katy permit. No hangtags will be mailed. More details are on the virtual permits page.
University of Houston-Victoria students who attend class at the UH at Katy campus should follow the following steps to purchase a UH at Katy parking permit:
- Access the UH Parking Portal here.
- IF YOU HAVE LOGGED IN BEFORE AND REMEMBER YOUR PASSWORD, enter it to log in and proceed to step 8.
- IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME LOGGING IN OR YOU FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD, click the link "to be sent a temporary password." Proceed to step 2.
- Enter your UH-Victoria email address and hit the submit button. An email will be sent with instructions to log in.
- Follow the link in the email to set up your password. This link is time sensitive and only active for 60 minutes.
- Enter and confirm your chosen password and click "Update."
- After clicking "Update," select the "Customer Login" button to return to the login page.
- Enter your UH-Victoria email address and newly set password, then click "Log In."
- You will know you are logged in when you see "Welcome, Jaguar!"
- From the "Permits" pull-down menu, select "Get Permits"
- Read the information regarding virtual permits for the upcoming year.
- If you have a toll tag on your vehicle, enter the eight digits here or click "Next"
- The permits you are eligible to purchase are shown. Once you agree to the Permit Agreement by checking the two boxes, click "Next"
- Select the vehicle you would like to link to your permit. You can add a vehicle to your account by clicking "Add Vehicle"
- A summary of the parking permit you are registering for is displayed on the next page. Select the credit card merchant from the drop down menu and confirm your email address, then click "Continue to Payment"
- Review the permit details, then click "Submit Payment"
- Once you enter your credit card information and the system completes your transaction, you will be shown a receipt. A copy will also be sent to your email address. If you do not have a toll tag on your vehicle, use the link in your emailed receipt to print a barcode to scan at the UH at Katy parking lot gate for entry and exit.
Hourly parking is available. Payments can be made upon exiting via credit or debit card only. The rates are:0-30 minutes: No charge
31 minutes-1 hour: $3
1-2 hours: $5
2-3 hours: $7
3-4 hours: $9
4-24 hours: $12
- Guest pulls a ticket and brings it inside with them.
- Guest gives the ticket to department staff member who enters the ticket number and validates the ticket before returning it to the guest.
- Guest inserts the ticket (arrow side facing up) into the ticket slot at the exit gate. The gate will open.
- Guest pulls a ticket and does not need to bring the ticket inside.
- Department staff member provides the guest a the paper validation ticket.
- At the exit gate, the guest inserts the original ticket (arrow side up) that they pulled from the gate upon entry
- The machine will display the amount due.
- The guest then inserts the paper validation ticket (arrow side up) into the ticket slot at the exit gate. The gate will open.
Please contact the Parking and Transportation Services office at email@example.com for more information.