- Every spring semester, student permit registration kicks off for the academic year that starts in the upcoming fall. You register through your myParking Account, accessible via AccessUH, and select up to four permit preferences.
- Permit registration closes in late June and student permit assignments are made. This lasts approximately two weeks. During this time, myParking accounts will not be accessible and no permits are sold.
- Students are notified via email of the permit type they have been assigned.
- Permits are mailed to the address chosen in AccessUH during the registration process. The mailing process usually starts in mid- to late-July.
- After permit registration closes, online permit sales are suspended until approximately the second week of the fall semester.
- After permits are assigned, remaining permits become available for purchase in the Parking and Transportation Services' customer service location in University Lofts. This is where students need to go to buy a permit if they did not register online before the registration deadline ended.
- After the second week of fall classes and for the remainder of the academic year, any remaining student permits can be purchased in person or online.
- Permits purchased in person are provided to students immediately. Those ordered online after the fall semester starts usually are mailed within two business days. A temporary printable permit is assigned by the system and can be used for up to seven (7) days while you wait for the permanent permit. The link for this temporary permit is provided in the confirmation email you received once you complete your purchase. Please note: temporary printable permits are not available for garage permits.
If you wait to purchase an available permit online after registration has closed, you can choose to place the charge on your student account or pay with a credit card if you choose.
If you purchase a permit in person, we will charge the permit to your student account.