Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com
Thank you, 2016 Sponsors and Players/Teams!
UH College of Pharmacy extends its sincere thanks to the 2016 UHCOP Golf Classic sponsors and players for supporting UH Pharm.D. students. Read full story here; view photos from the tournament on the college's Flickr page.
UHCOP and the Golf Tournament Committee extend their sincere appreciation for the 2016 Golf Classic sponsors:
- Gold – Jeffrey B. Harrison ('05) and Jennifer Harrison ('05);
- Silver – Brookshire Brothers, Katherine Clouser Hunt (’12), Chi Ngo-Chen (’02) and RSM US LLP, and Walgreens;
- Red & White – Doug Eikenburg, Melchor Garza (’92), Don Lackey (’81), Kip Lackey & Pitney Bowes Foundation, Magnolia Pharmacy, and David (’98) and Sarah (’00) Wallace; and
- Cougar – Joe Ickes (’73) and Marsha Ickes (Bauer ’80), and Jim Rutan (’92).
In addition, the following businesses and individuals provided In-kind Gifts to help thank tournament participants: ClubCorp Golf Clubs (Lake Windcrest Golf Club/Panther Trail Golf Club), Doug Eikenburg, FastSigns/truecolorGRAPHICS/University Copy Center, Golfsmith, Greenpark Compounding Pharmacy, Kendra Scott Jewelry, Chip Lambert, Luby’s Fuddruckers Restaurants, Laura Sampson & UH Mens Basketball, Smith & Wollensky, Smoothie King, and UH Sports Equipment & UH Football.
The top teams at this year's tournament were:
- First Place, Low Gross Score – Melchor Garza ('92), Johnny Hargroue, Chuck Kneip ('92), and Jim Rutan (’92);
- Second Place, Low Gross Score – Steve Barnett, Fred Emmite ('77), Dick Schneider, and Rick Schneider ('04);
- First Place, Low Net Score – Paul Lott ('84), Denis Rottler, Jeff Ewing, and Clayton Boyd ('10); and
- Second Place, Low Net Score – Chuck Posterick ('77), Leslie Myers ('94), Terrence Kennedy, and Phil Erdmann.
Winners of the individual competitions were student Sarah Theriault – Closest to Pin and Andy Haeggquist, Pharm.D. ('13) – Longest Drive.
Are you interested in helping the UHCOP Golf Committee plan a bigger and better tournament in 2017? Please contact committee co-chairs Doug Eikenburg or Liz Coyle for volunteer opportunities or suggestions.