Twelve undergraduate students participated in Fall 2020's final round of exCITE Talks on September 30, 2020. Students presented their experience with internships, learning abroad, service learning, and undergraduate research. Their presentations demonstrated the importance of co-curricular learning in gaining the skills necessary for professional success.
Watch Our Winners
Our Other Finalists
- Maryam Baldawi, senior biology major, presented her experience with the Ignite Leadership Program;
- Mariana Keymolen, senior industrial design major, learned the business side of product development through an internship with OwlSpark/RED Labs Accelerator;
- Cassidy Lee, sophomore political science and Spanish major, shared her learning experience in Washington D.C.;
- Sorosh Malekzad, sophomore management information systems major, presented his experience as an intern with the University of Houston Libraries-Special collections;
- Katherine Pham, senior biomedical engineering major, highlighted research she conducted through SURF in her presentation "Uncovering the Clues to Stroke Motor Impairment";
- Alexander Reeves, senior accounting major, discussed his two internships with NASA as a contract specialist and a programatic analyst;
- Irisha Suhaimi, senior finance major, shared her experience interning with Deutsche Bank as a sales and trading analyst; and
- Ryan Tran, senior mathematics major, discussed how his course work in mathematics prepared him for economic research on the impact of carbon credits, which he conducted through SURF.