The University of Houston Integrative Health and Well-being Coaching Certificate Program provides an opportunity for students to gain expertise in the science of behavior change, the coaching process, and approaches to support client-driven holistic well-being within the cultural context of individual’s lives. Our hybrid certificate program begins with a three-day in-person intensive, with the remainder of the 36-week program, including coaching skills practice with clients, delivered 100% virtually. Emphasis is placed on the foundational knowledge and practical skills of the coaching process standards and competencies of the National Board of Health and Wellness Coaches (NBHWC.) A dedicated faculty team provides mentorship, community development, and ongoing support.
Students enter the 10-month program in a cohort structure in an effort to build community and foster meaningful professional relationships. The National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching sets professional competency standards for programs as well as for individual coaches, and the University of Houston’s program is designed to exceed these requirements. Graduates from our program will be eligible and ready to sit for the national board examination, which is offered three times a year.
Why choose the Integrative Health and Well-being Coaching Certicate Program at the University of Houston?
The University of Houston Integrative Health and Well-being Coaching (UH IHWC) Program trains and empowers future health coaches to help their clients and patients to develop and design their own path towards their optimal health by emphasizing the well-being of the whole person. The UH IHWC program is:
Designed by Experts in the Field of Health and Well-being Coaching:
- The UH Integrative Health and Well-being Coaching program is in the formal application process to seek approval from the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching
- Created to meet and exceed the rigorous standards set forth by the NBHWC
- Developed by founding pioneers and national experts in the field of Health Coaching
- Led by program faculty, 100% of whom are certified by the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching
Focused on Bridging Practice and Research in Service of our Community:
- Designed with cultural sensitivity to our region, state, and beyond to prepare coaches to positively impact coaching clients
- Tailored to meet the needs of busy professionals and students enrolled in other academic programs
- Based on Twelve Learning Outcomes and Competencies which guide the program
- Designed for students to earn all requirements to sit for the National Board Exam, including the Practical Skills Test and the requisite 50-session practice log
- Provides opportunities to learn from leading experts in the industry
- Tailored to adult learning approaches
- Provides numerous opportunities to practice coaching skills, with mentored feedback
- Based on a cohort concept, one that creates community and professional support