This course is 100% online | Start anytime.
Become a Residential Electrician
Electrical work has some of the best opportunities for career stability, especially for residential technicians. If you want to start a career in electrical work, this 100% online course will prepare you for an entry-level residential electrician apprenticeship.
JOB OUTLOOK FOR RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICIANS
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), electricians earn a median annual salary of $55,000, which is almost $10,000 more than the average of all construction and trade jobs.
- The BLS estimates that jobs for electricians will grow by 10% through 2028, is over 74,000 new jobs.
RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICIAN FAQS
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICIAN AND AN ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN?
WHY ARE RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICIANS IN DEMAND?
WHERE ARE RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICIANS NEEDED THE MOST?
DO RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICIANS NEED LICENSING?
- Branch and feeder circuits with various types of cable and conduit
- Service of circuit breakers, lighting fixtures, receptacles, switches, paddle fans, and electric motors
- Identifying and fixing electrical problems on "service calls"
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting photovoltaic renewable energy systems
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- PREPARING AND PLANNING A RESIDENTIAL WIRING JOB
Residential workplace safety, hardware and materials used in residential wiring; determining branch circuit, feeder circuit and service entrance requirements
- RESIDENTIAL SERVICE ENTRANCES AND EQUIPMENT
Introduction to residential service entrances; service entrance equipment and installation
- RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL SYSTEM ROUGH-IN
General Nec® requirements for rough-in wiring; installing electrical boxes, cables, switching and branch-circuits /li>
- RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL SYSTEM TRIM-OUT
Lighting fixture installation, device installation and service panel trim-out
- MAINTAINING AND TROUBLESHOOTING A RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL WIRING SYSTEM
Checking out and troubleshooting electrical wiring systems
- GREEN HOUSE WIRING TECHNIQUES
Green wiring practices and photovoltaic (PV) system installation
- MANAGING CUSTOMER SERVICE
Winning customer service, customer expectations and moving forward with the four P's
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.