Admissions - University of Houston
Skip to main content


How to apply?

What do I need to submit to apply to the Chemistry Graduate Program?

  1. Create online account with ApplyWeb
  2. Complete online application
    1. Three letters of recommendation. An email notification from our Graduate School will be sent directly to your recommenders.  Please clearly indicate their email addresses during the online application process. You need to waive or decline to waive the confidentiality statement at the bottom of the application.
    2. Resume. List the most current institution even if you are not receiving a degree.
    3. Statement of Purpose (SOP).  Include your name on the form and indicate your interest of a research field.
  3. Submission of GRE exam scores is encouraged but not required for application to the
    graduate program; however if you would like to submit it, please request Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send GRE General Test scores to the University of Houston Main Campus (ETS code 6870).

  4. Request Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send GRE Chemistry or Physics Test scores to the University of Houston Main Campus (ETS code 6870). These tests are optional but encouraged for consideration of fellowship awards.
  5. Request Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send TOEFL scores to the University of Houston Main Campus (ETS code 6870). Required for international students only. IELTS test results are also acceptable as proof of English proficiency. Please review English Language Proficiency and Exemptions for more information.
  6. The application is free for domestic students. The application fee is $80 for international students.
  7. Send official transcripts/degree certificates to the UH Graduate School. See university requirements.  Official individual mark sheets in certain countries, transcripts, and degree certificates must be sent directly to the Graduate School.