Use the form below to request a Feature posting on the UH homepage. Use the guidelines to help determine if your request is a feature or a calendar event. Items with an internal audience and/or informational communications only or the audience is narrowly defined should be communicated through listservs: faculty, staff, student.
Home Page Feature Guidelines
Created to showcase UH to EXTERNAL audiences.
- A highlight/feature should be timely, significant, and highlight a benefit for UH
- An event can be a highlight/feature if it meets the criteria
- Item should appeal to a broad audience, including external
- Items that primarily tout UH (rankings, grants, recognitions), its initiatives (arts, energy, student success, etc.) or programs, its research, its faculty or other stakeholders, speak of our collaborations with community
- Items that communicate important information (campus safety, etc.)
- Has an accompanying photo that is engaging and meets the following:
- Should be a .jpg
- Must have image that will fit a 720 pixel width x 540 pixel height
- Should not have any text elements
- Must have web publishing rights
Home Page Calendar Guidelines
- A calendar event is something that happens or occurs
- Homepage events should be open to the public and related to our Big Rocks or strategic initiatives: student success (career fairs), energy, arts, athletics, etc.
Use the following link to submit a calendar event.
During the summer or slow news and event periods, the criteria for posting items as a feature or calendar item are open to all submissions.
All fields are required.
Questions or comments