Use the form below to request a calendar event posting on the UH homepage. Use the guidelines to help determine if your request is a feature or a calendar event. Items with an internal audience and/or informational communications only or the audience is narrowly defined should be communicated through listservs: faculty, staff, student.
Home Page Calendar Guidelines
- A calendar event is something that happens or occurs.
- Calendar events should be open to the public, promote UH and be related to our big rocks or strategic initiatives: student success (career fairs), energy, arts, athletics, etc.
- Third-party, non-affiliated events will not be posted on the University calendar.
- By submitting image(s) for posting on the UH website you are affirming that you have the proper permission for use by UH and on our website. If photo attribution needs to be included, please provide that information with the photo submission.
To request that your event be considered for the Events featured carousel on the UH homepage:
- Fill out the calendar event request form below.
- Under Event Type, check the Featured box.
- If your event already exists in the UH calendar LiveWhale system, please include the URL to your event in the Other notes/Comments field.
- Please send an image 720px wide by 540px tall to firstname.lastname@example.org to accompany your submission. Images without text are preferred.
- Your event will be reviewed, and if it is approved, you will be contacted by University Marketing & Communications with further instructions. (Note: If a response to UMC's email is not received within 2 business days, UMC will edit your event to elevate it to Featured status.)
Please review COVID-19 event guidelines for more information.
Use this form to submit a homepage featured story request.
* Denotes a required field - We will contact you should there be any questions regarding entry of your event into the Calendar. Send an e-mail to update or remove past events submitted to the calendar.