Strategic planning is a hopeful endeavor. The process anticipates successes, growth and longevity. Planning for a new higher education effort assumes there will be challenges as well as opportunities, but that both will build a strong foundation.
The University of Houston and the city of Katy are planning for a future where higher education is invested in the community; where industry informs the programs; where students supply the workforce; where leadership inspires collaboration.
The individuals committed to the strategic plan for the University of Houston at Katy do so because they believe in the vision for its future, and they believe that the honest and challenging discussions about that future will lead to clear paths to success. The Strategic Planning Steering Committee Members are:
- Jay Neal, Associate Vice President Academic Affairs, Chief Operating Officer, UH at Katy
- Richard Phillips, Community Outreach and Partnerships, UH at Katy
- Kathryn Tart, Dean, UH College of Nursing
- Dan Maxwell, UH Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
- Jagannatha (J.R.) Rao, Associate Professor, UH Cullen College of Engineering
- The Honorable Bill Callegari, Former Texas State Representative
- Marisa Ramirez, Senior Director, University Communication, UH at Katy
- Joel Chavali, UH Cullen College of Engineering Student
- Judy Korb, Higher Education Facilitator
Their high hopes, buoyed by community and industry support, will create a solid foundation for student success, community engagement and global impact.
Jay Neal, Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs and Chief Operating Officer, UH Katy