Black and white printing services are available in the Virtual Library, room 123, and the Student Lounge, room 312. Additionally you can print wirelessly from personal laptops with the UniPrint software installed. Instructions for installing the software are below. Color printing is available in only the Virtual Library at this time.
If you have any questions or need assistance, contact us at KatyTech@uh.edu or 832-842-2311.
Print Job Pickup Locations
The Print Release Stations are located:
Color printing (KT-Color)
Select your Operating System (OS) below and follow the steps below to send a print job to any UH at Katy Print Release Station.
1. Download file
2. Run the installation fileIf you see a “Windows protected your PC” dialogue box:
3. Install the printer client package
4. Print document
From the program you wish to print (this example is using Microsoft Word), select “File” > “Print”.
Select the “KT-BWRELQUEUE on UNIPRINT” printer.
Select “Print” to send your print job to the Print Release Station . Proceed to any UH at Katy Print Release Station and follow the printing instructions listed there.
1. Download file
Download the Popup.dmg file to your Mac OS device from any browser (this example is using Safari browser), and save it to your computer.
2. Run the installation file
3. Open system preferences
4. Add printer
- Select “Pharos Printer Server” from the drop down menu.
- Select “Another Device” from the drop down menu.
- Type “popup://uniprint.e.uh.edu/KT-BWRELQUEUE”
- Type any name in this field. In this example we will use “UH AT KATY PRINTER”
- Leave this field blank.
- Select “Generic PostScript Printer” from the drop down menu.