Verification of Information
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is excited to introduce our new automated verification solution called ProVerifier+ powered by ProEducation Solutions. If your FAFSA is selected for verification, you will receive an introductory email to your preferred UH email address. This new tool enables you to complete verification documents from your smart phone, tablet or computer - even signing electronically! The tool is located within your AccessUH account. Just look for the ProVerifier+ icon (pictured).
We will begin using ProVerifier+ for verification with the 2023-2024 FAFSA.
Upon receipt of all required documents, the automated verification process will begin. Students will be notified via email or text if there are any questions or if any additional documentation is required.
Questions? Call ProVerifier+ at 713-748-3249. The ProVerifier+ call center is open from 7:00AM to 6:30PM.
Verification is a random quality-control method used by the U.S. Department of Education to check the accuracy of information submitted on the FAFSA. All schools that disburse federal Title IV funds are required to participate in the verification process. The verification process is a manual review of your application and requires additional documentation and additional processing time.
Review a list of ways to reduce your chances of being selected for verification on the How to Apply for Financial Aid page.
Students Selected for Verification
If you are selected for verification, you will be notified via email informing you of any additional documentation required or any changes to your award due to verification.
Beginning 2023-2024, any requested documentation will be completed using our ProVerifier+ tool found in AccessUH. Any additional requested information will be “initiated” in your myUH To-Do List and is also required to process your financial aid application.
Failure to submit the requested documents will prevent awarding or result in the cancellation of existing financial aid awards. If any differences are found between information reported on the FAFSA and actual figures reported on verification documents, corrections will be made to your FAFSA and adjustments may be made to your financial aid package.
Note: When referring to your myUH To-Do List, be sure to select the correct award year for financial aid information:
- 2023 aid year includes Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023 terms
- 2024 aid year includes Fall 2023, Spring 2024 and Summer 2024 terms
Additional questions about verification may be answered on the Scholarships and Financial Aid FAQ page or click here to browse our helpful FATV videos.
2022-2023 Deadline: To allow time for accurate processing, below are the deadlines to submit documents to UH for 2022-2023.
- Fall 2022: Monday, Nov. 14, 2022
- Fall 2022/Spring 2023: Monday, April 10, 2023
- Summer 2023: Friday, June 16, 2023
2023-2024 Deadline: To allow time for accurate processing, below are the deadlines to submit documents to UH for 2023-2024.
- Fall 2023: Monday, Nov. 13, 2023
- Fall 2023/Spring 2024: Monday, April 8, 2024
- Summer 2024: Friday, June 14, 2024
You must already have an official SAR and EFC, as a result of completing a FAFSA, processed by the Department of Education in order to submit any requested documents to our office.
Warning: If you purposely provide false or misleading information, you will be reported to the Office of the Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Education, and may be subject to a fine, sentenced to jail, or both.
Effective May 18, 2022 certain students selected for verification for the 2022-2023 aid year will not be required to submit certain documents. Your myUH To Do List will be updated to reflect the actual documents that are required.
Documents may be submitted in one of four ways:
- Online: Via ProVerifier+ and/or uploading to your myUH To-Do List.
- In Person: Initiated myUH To Do List documents may be turned in at our Welcome Center. Any requested documents in your ProVerifier+ student dashboard via AccessUH will be completed electronically within that tool.
- Fax: 713-743-9098
- Mail: University of Houston, Attn: Financial Aid, 5000 Gulf Freeway, ERP2 Room 224, Houston, TX, 77204-2010
Please do not submit documents unless requested by UH in your myUH "To-Do List" or through your ProVerifier+ student dashboard.Documents requested through the ProVerifier+ tool for 2023-2024
Verification may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Amended Tax Return (1040X)
- College Enrollment Verification Worksheet
- Dependent Asset Information
- Dependent Household Size Worksheet
- Dependent Separation of Income
- Dependent Verification Worksheet
- Driver’s License
- Foreign Tax Return
- Identity & Statement of Educational Purpose
- Identity Theft Statement
- Independent Asset Information
- Independent Household Size Worksheet
- Independent Separation of Income
- Independent Verification Worksheet
- IRS Schedule C
- IRS Schedule K 1
- Non-Filer Form
- Original Tax Return
- Personal Statement
- Premium Tax Credit (IRS form 8962)
- Proof of Child Support Paid
- Proof of Child Support Received
- Proof of High School Completion
- Proof of Marital Status
- Rollover Worksheet
- Social Security Card
- Tax Account Transcript
- Tax Filing Extension
- Tax Transcripts
- Tax Return Database View
- Wage and Income Transcript
Avoid delays! Follow these tips when submitting documents:
- Submit tax information via the FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool. Because this method is electronic and instantaneous, it is preferred. Please do not make any additional changes to your FAFSA once your income data has been imported.
- n you are submitting anything in person, write your myUH ID on each page submitted.
- Submit all required documentation by the deadline.